Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest nufc_89

Another youngster to QPR. Bosingwa has signed a three year deal. I think QPR will suffer this year due to broken hips

Guest nufc_89

How come no one has mentioned that Ramirez is on his way to Southampton which is the least expected signing during this window. Looks like the saints are going for it and I dont feel comfortable facing them at all

How come no one has mentioned that Ramirez is on his way to Southampton. The least expected during this window. Looks like the saints are going for it. I dont feel comfortable facing them at all

It's been mentioned more times than Giggs.

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Spurs

Arsenal

Newcastle

Liverpool

I'm not being funny but if you offered me Arsenal's team and Tottenham's team currently ( keep in mind Modric is leaving and Adebayor has'nt been replaced)

I would take Arsenal's all day every day and they have better depth, i think RVP's transfer has gone straight to people's heads Arsenal still have a fantastic team and they are definitely in a lot better condition than Spurs are atm.

Opinions are opinions though.

Absolutely. This same argument happens every year, and the same outcome results. Arsenal have broadly the same team as last year (with less injuries) who have been training the same way with the same manager/coaches for a while. We have a completely new coaching staff, and one or two glaring gaps in our first team (let alone our squad). If we can get through the transfer window without too much damage and get a couple of class additions then we might be OK. Otherwise, I think the absolute best we can hope for is Europa again. I fully expect Chelsea to be back in the top four, and it would only take a couple of defeats for the media to jump on AVB's back again. Add in 'arry in the commentary box, and the whole thing looks wearily predictable.

Spurs boards are all pretty depressed right now. I think that many are forgetting that we're actually a pretty good squad even without Modric and Adebayor, but there's plenty of opportunities for disaster to strike.

How come no one has mentioned that Ramirez is on his way to Southampton. The least expected during this window. Looks like the saints are going for it. I dont feel comfortable facing them at all

They have, quite alot.

Despite our seeming lack of first-team transfers, when you look at our rivals...

Arsenal - Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla in, RvP & probably Song out...is that any stronger than last season?

Spurs - Vertonghen has replaced King, Sigurdsson is in, but Modric is going...plus no Adebayor.

Everton - Only change from May is Naismith in and Rodwell out.

Liverpool - Allen, Borini & that winger in, Maxi, Kuyt & Bellamy out...much of an improvement?

Think we have the capability to do very well if we get it right.

I think we've had a good window so far, especially if we get Mirallas in.

Of course, transfers are irrelevant when you start every year like we do.

With all due respect, I don't particularly see you as our rivals.

One of those awkward Giggs where I've already made the joke a few hours ago but I don't think many have seen it so I'll let you have that one. I don't particularly see you as a forum rival.

Guest nufc_89

It's been mentioned more times than Giggs.

Almost an achievement to miss it then.

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Spurs

Arsenal

Newcastle

Liverpool

I'm not being funny but if you offered me Arsenal's team and Tottenham's team currently ( keep in mind Modric is leaving and Adebayor has'nt been replaced)

I would take Arsenal's all day every day and they have better depth, i think RVP's transfer has gone straight to people's heads Arsenal still have a fantastic team and they are definitely in a lot better condition than Spurs are atm.

Opinions are opinions though.

Absolutely. This same argument happens every year, and the same outcome results. Arsenal have broadly the same team as last year (with less injuries) who have been training the same way with the same manager/coaches for a while. We have a completely new coaching staff, and one or two glaring gaps in our first team (let alone our squad). If we can get through the transfer window without too much damage and get a couple of class additions then we might be OK. Otherwise, I think the absolute best we can hope for is Europa again. I fully expect Chelsea to be back in the top four, and it would only take a couple of defeats for the media to jump on AVB's back again. Add in 'arry in the commentary box, and the whole thing looks wearily predictable.

Spurs boards are all pretty depressed right now. I think that many are forgetting that we're actually a pretty good squad even without Modric and Adebayor, but there's plenty of opportunities for disaster to strike.

Definitely agree, for what's it worth i agree with your last sentence especially it shows with the possible line up against us despite your missing a few it's a still going to be a difficult game for us. Spurs will obviously be competitive over the season regardless if you buy any one but for me Arsenal are for me despite the sale of RVP the 3rd best team in the league.

As for Chelsea they are a mystery they could be brilliant but they could also struggle like they did last year i'm not prepared to commit on them yet.

Personally i think we will see the same top 3 as last year with the last CL spot being extremely competitive between Spurs, ourselves, Chelsea and maybe Liverpool.

Can't believe some of the summer activity so far.

Song's gonna be a massive loss for Arsenal. You really have to question just where the fuck they're going tbh, i'm starting to think they're more 'pippable' than last season now.

Is it such a ridiculous thing to say that - if we sign a good RB - i think we have the 4th best first team in the division? I don't think it's miles away. Plus it's balanced and already has a year of 'chemistry' behind it, unlike the transitional periods that Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs will be going through. Cos they'll have all had significant alterations to the crux of their team come September. We won't have; just a couple of upgrades.

Speaking of impulse decisions on fantasy league based on behaviour, these quotes from Vermealen on RVP earned him a place in mine...

"We appreciate what he has done for us for the past 1 and a half years"

I love the sly digs at RVP  :lol:

Apparently Sahin might becoming in to replace Song, so i'm not sure he will be as massive a loss as people think if thats happening.

Speaking of impulse decisions on fantasy league based on behaviour, these quotes from Vermealen on RVP earned him a place in mine...

"We appreciate what he has done for us for the past 1 and a half years"

I love the sly digs at RVP  :lol:

Apparently Sahin might becoming in to replace Song, so i'm not sure he will be as massive a loss as people think if thats happening.

Don't understand how anyone can limit RVP's achievements to that time frame, tbh. He's had serious injury problems, but generally he's been extremely productive whenever he's been on the pitch since 2006, which has been a large amount of time. He has been one of the world's best for some time.

I don't see how you can say Arsenal have 'broadly the same team" (leffe) when they have lost their two best performers and least replaceable players from last season.

Can't believe some of the summer activity so far.

Song's gonna be a massive loss for Arsenal. You really have to question just where the f*** they're going tbh, i'm starting to think they're more 'pippable' than last season now.

Is it such a ridiculous thing to say that - if we sign a good RB - i think we have the 4th best first team in the division? I don't think it's miles away. Plus it's balanced and already has a year of 'chemistry' behind it, unlike the transitional periods that Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs will be going through. Cos they'll have all had significant alterations to the crux of their team come September. We won't have; just a couple of upgrades.

I don't rate our squad that highly. We only have two forwards of a good enough standard, one of whom has a knee problem that was bad enough to put off the likes of Stoke, both of whom may be leaving for a month.

Our central midfield is very good, but we lack depth on the wing, even if Marveaux is fit, and that is not something we can be sure of at all.

Frankly, I think our defence is inadequate for one attempting to enter the Champions League and compete at the highest level. Coloccini is a standout. Santon is extremely talented, but has been inconsistent throughout his career. Taylor is injury prone and has never shown himself to be good enough over a long period of time. He definitely can improve and I have high hopes for him, but we may be depending on him to be something he is not. Simpson, Perch and Williamson are average footballers that fit in well here, but will not help us push on.

I don't rate our squad that highly. We only have two forwards of a good enough standard, one of whom has a knee problem that was bad enough to put off the likes of Stoke, both of whom may be leaving for a month.

Our central midfield is very good, but we lack depth on the wing, even if Marveaux is fit, and that is not something we can be sure of at all.

Frankly, I think our defence is inadequate for one attempting to enter the Champions League and compete at the highest level. Coloccini is a standout. Santon is extremely talented, but has been inconsistent throughout his career. Taylor is injury prone and has never shown himself to be good enough over a long period of time. He definitely can improve and I have high hopes for him, but we may be depending on him to be something he is not. Simpson, Perch and Williamson are average footballers that fit in well here, but will not help us push on.

I said first team and 'if we sign a good RB' tbf.

The saga continues apparently .....................

http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/vijesti/neocekivani-preokret-madridu-mourinho-odustao-luke-clanak-442907

Rough translation:

Claims a source close to Modric has said that Mourinho stopped the transfer after Levy tried to move the goal posts. The clubs agreed on a fee (they claim to be 35m euros), but Levy countered with new demands.

They go on to say that there is still time until August 31st, but that for now the deal is in jeopardy and that Modric is on his way back to London.

PSG after Lichtsteiner from Juve.

Would be a strange sale. He was awesome for them last season.

Isla > Lichsteiner in a wing back system although I agree. Sure I read they'd agreed terms with Revelliere t'other day too.

Clint Dempsey ‏@clint_dempsey

The truth will come out soon.

Clint Dempsey ‏@clint_dempsey

There are two sides to the story.

Listening to some pundits on ESPN talk about the situation, Steve Nicol (his former coach in MLS) and Robbie Earle find it hard to believe Dempsey's refused to play. Not in his character.

This could be Martin Lol throwing a hissy, as he's been known to do.