Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Despite our seeming lack of first-team transfers, when you look at our rivals...

Arsenal - Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla in, RvP & probably Song out...is that any stronger than last season?

Spurs - Vertonghen has replaced King, Sigurdsson is in, but Modric is going...plus no Adebayor.

Everton - Only change from May is Naismith in and Rodwell out.

Liverpool - Allen, Borini & that winger in, Maxi, Kuyt & Bellamy out...much of an improvement?

Think we have the capability to do very well if we get it right.

Can see why Arsenal fans are totalling pissed off, Arsene just seems to have his head up his arse when it comes to transfer recently

Aye. Thought their additions were decent before the sales but I reckon they'll miss Song. Think he's a great player.

Despite our seeming lack of first-team transfers, when you look at our rivals...

Arsenal - Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla in, RvP & probably Song out...is that any stronger than last season?

Spurs - Vertonghen has replaced King, Sigurdsson is in, but Modric is going...plus no Adebayor.

Liverpool - Allen, Borini & that winger in, Maxi, Kuyt & Bellamy out...much of an improvement?

I think we've had a good window so far, especially if we get Mirallas in.

Of course, transfers are irrelevant when you start every year like we do.

Sahin isn't the right replacement for Song either.

The normal mind agrees. The Arsene-mind sees an out-of-favour cut-price younger player who he can throw onto the left-wing for a year or two of anonymous performances. After that period ends, Arsene will then make a genius move by playing Sahin centrally, where he'll play significantly better. 2 years later he will be sold for £23m.

Arsenal don't need Sahin anyway, let alone him not being a replacement for Song.

Song isn't what Barca need either, unless they're planning to convert him or Busquets to centre back.

What Barca need is irrelevant. Arsenal are going to be weakened further after losing their captain who carried them last year.

For Arsenal to finish top 4, they need Giroud & Podolski to do what Cisse & Ba did last year, that's a massive ask.

I don't think they're in the s*** as much as that.

They have to replace 30 goals from somewhere, they only just edged in last season. Those two have to hit the ground running. They also need Gervinho to step up this year. Top 3 is a closed shop for me this season, 4th is all up for grabs.

For Arsenal to finish top 4, they need Giroud & Podolski to do what Cisse & Ba did last year, that's a massive ask.

I don't think they're in the shit as much as that.

I'm with Nut on this one. They've lost their best two players from last season, that's going to take some replacing.

I don't think they're in the s*** as much as that.

They have to replace 30 goals from somewhere, they only just edged in last season. Those two have to hit the ground running. They also need Gervinho to step up this year. Top 3 is a closed shop for me this season, 4th is all up for grabs.

What order do you reckon the top 3-7 will be?

I see no reason why they are not capable of that, especially with the ridiculous amount of chances Arsenal create and that's only going to get more ridiculous with Cazorla joining.

Plus RVP was a one man band last season as far as goals go the whole team was built for him to score goals.

This season they have Giroud and Podolski and you would expect the likes Oxlade, Walcott, Gervinho, Cazorla to chip in with a few goals here and there.

I personally think replacing RVP won't be too much of a problem they just bought Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla who expect to make a difference.

Thing last season was that if RVP didn't do it no one did, this season it will be more of a team effort i see Song being more of a loss as he leaves a massive hole in the squad, where as RVP's hole has been replaced by 3 players.

I don't think they will have a problem getting top 4, but this happens every year it seems and every year they are doubted and every year they prove everyone wrong.

With all due respect, I don't particularly see you as our rivals.

I really don't support footballers who sit and whine to get out of their contracts or force a move. Unless they play for Sunderland.

Dempsey is my favorite but he's being a t*** right now. Fulfill the contract you signed. Think he'd probably be gone by now had he just handled this offseason with class.

There's a lovely little rant from a guy on one of the Spurs boards in response to Igor Stimac saying:

"'Daniel Levy promised a year ago that if an offer came from Madrid, he would let him go. And when the offer came, he changed his mind.

I believe this guy is trying to become famous in the world of football, but this isn't the way to do it.

When something is promised, it needs to be delivered."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2188588/Luka-Modric-latest-Igor-Stimac-blasts-Spurs-chairman-Daniel-Levy.html#ixzz23pS3nFsm

Part of the response:

"Made a promise, did he, Igor? Prove it. Where's the document that says Daniel Levy 'promised'. Has anyone seen this, now legendary, promissory note?

Documents that make promises, document that make promises. I'm sure there's some legal term for that sort of thing...

I know! It's called a contract. Now, if only Daniel Levy had made a contract with Modric, then that would be the basis of an agreement.

Wait a moment! They did sign a contract! Isn't the promise for Modric to play fro Spurs for six years?"

It's bullshit, and as the man said, they need a slap.

With all due respect, I don't particularly see you as our rivals.

:lol:

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Spurs

Arsenal

Newcastle

Liverpool

I'm not being funny but if you offered me Arsenal's team and Tottenham's team currently ( keep in mind Modric is leaving and Adebayor has'nt been replaced)

I would take Arsenal's all day every day and they have better depth, i think RVP's transfer has gone straight to people's heads Arsenal still have a fantastic team and they are definitely in a lot better condition than Spurs are atm.

Opinions are opinions though.