Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Can they afford both of them? I know they want rid of Bojan and Jeffren but I assume they'll get a defender too.

We are looking at spending a few pence for the defender, like €3-4m for José Ángel or Botía. We have €45m for transfer kitty+ €12m for Bojan + €8-10m for Jeffren (according to valuations in the press) would leave €30-35m for each of Cesc/Sánchez.

Can they afford both of them? I know they want rid of Bojan and Jeffren but I assume they'll get a defender too.

We are looking at spending a few pence for the defender, like €3-4m for José Ángel or Botía. We have €45m for transfer kitty+ €12m for Bojan + €8-10m for Jeffren (according to valuations in the press) would leave €30-35m for each of Cesc/Sánchez.

where's Jeffren off to?

It was a one off game like but when Spain played England under 21s recently he looked extremely wobbly at times. Lot of money for a young 'keeper and given Fergie's history in this area I wouldn't be too confident about this lad were I a Man Utd fan.

:nope:

Definitely has all the assets to be a top keeper in my opinion. Looked assured when I saw for Atletico earlier in the season, unlike the jokers playing infront of him (Perea). For a young lad he has some food experience already and will only get better.

How he has progressed in the time he's been in the team should be a lesson to us and why Harper should not be #1 next season.

The fact Man U have acted on the fact they need a new keeper and centre-back just shows the difference between Wenger and Fergie.

Phil Jones rebuffed Arsenal.

Even still Phil Jones is not what they need/needed.

Indeed.

It was a one off game like but when Spain played England under 21s recently he looked extremely wobbly at times. Lot of money for a young 'keeper and given Fergie's history in this area I wouldn't be too confident about this lad were I a Man Utd fan.

:nope:

Definitely has all the assets to be a top keeper in my opinion. Looked assured when I saw for Atletico earlier in the season, unlike the jokers playing infront of him (Perea). For a young lad he has some food experience already and will only get better.

How he has progressed in the time he's been in the team should be a lesson to us and why Harper should not be #1 next season.

Having food experience is vital, especially if he's coming to England. See how he manages a parmo, then we'll see how much food experience he has.

Santos have confirmed that five clubs have met Neymar's release clause of €45million (£40.3million) and they have been given permission to talk with the Brazilian sensation.

The clubs are understood to be Real Madrid, Barcelona,Chelsea, Manchester City and Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala.

It was previously believed that Real and Chelsea, who have been tracking Neymar for years, were leading the chase with the Spaniards in pole position.

But now it has emerged that they are not alone in the race for his signature, with Barca and City also showing their hand.

The outsiders of the five are Anzhi Makhachkala - although they have plenty of finances and they would hope their current Brazilian contingent, which includes Roberto Carlos, could help push a deal through.

Now the clubs in question are set for talks, according to Santos president Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro.

Release

"We don't want to sell the player, but of course there is a release clause in his contract that can be paid and five European clubs have offered to match the clause," ESPN Brasil.

"I cannot name them because there is an agreement between Santos and the clubs, but they are the most important European clubs.

"They have asked to speak to the player and obviously we've allowed them to.

"The clubs have behaved ethically. They sought out Santos first and were willing to pay the clause. With this ethical approach, they can talk to anyone - with Neymar's father, with [agent] Wagner Ribeiro, and with the representatives of Neymar."

Ribeiro also took time to have a dig at Chelsea over their previous attempt to land the 19-year-old.

"Last year, Chelsea's attitude was different. Their first action was to seek out the player's representatives," he stated.

He also remains confident that, after helping Santos lift the Copa Libertadores earlier this month, he could stay put and reject the move to Europe.

"These clubs can come along and make their offerings, but if he wants to stay at Santos he can say no and continue at Santos," he concluded.

Sunderland are in talks with Ipswich Town over signing England Under-21 starlet Connor Wickham, skysports.com understands.

Reports have suggested that a deal worth £13million has already been agreed between the two clubs.

However, skysports.com understands that no deal has yet been struck, although talks are ongoing.

Steve Bruce's side have emerged as front-runners to land the 18-year-old starlet, but the Black Cats know they are not the only Premier League club hunting the young striker.

Liverpool are very keen, whilst Arsenal and Tottenham are maintaining a firm interest in the teenager.

Guest Chubby Jason

Stoke bid £16m for Dann & Jerome  :lol:

Brum would be mad to turn that down.

That's grotesque.

Fucking hell. :lol:

That rates Dann at about £13m. Is he really that good?

£8m each since they bid and rejected at that price for Jerome. Jerome only scored 5 goals last season, no wonder were looking at £4m for Best and will probably get it should this deal go through.

f***ing hell. :lol:

Never heard of him until they went down then all of a sudden the papers link him with the likes of Arsenal.

Guest carlie

Now Hughton can buy half our squad. Although this is what happens when f***ing Stoke get a bit of power - what a shocking waste of money.

I think they have a very tough time attracting more bigger-name players...

Waste of time bidding for Neymar this early. He won't leave until January or next Summer. In Brazil the World Cup for Clubs is one of the most prestigious things you can win, and he and Ganso both states they'll stay to beat Barcelona.

Waste of time bidding for Neymar this early. He won't leave until January or next Summer. In Brazil the World Cup for Clubs is one of the most prestigious things you can win, and he and Ganso both states they'll stay to beat Barcelona.

Which wont be happening.

Fucking hell. :lol:

IMO that rates Dann at something nearer £15.75m. Fucking Cameron Jerome. Pulis must be using FIFA 11 for his research.