Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Manchester United hope to push through the £15million capture of Benfica centre-back Ezequiel Garay.

He had great potential years ago but i lost track when he went to Portugal...could be inspired. Rio and Vidic are coming to the end of their careers at very top level (Rio is closer than Vidic to it like). Seems like United are keen on Jones being the first choice in the centre in the future. Garay-Jones? not bad

Nah, we barely play Jones in centre back. I think the long term plan is a defensive or even box to box midfielder, which he'll be much better at IMO. He has too much natural instinct to go forward to be a reliable centre back.

Nah, we barely play Jones in centre back. I think the long term plan is a defensive or even box to box midfielder, which he'll be much better at IMO. He has too much natural instinct to go forward to be a reliable centre back.

Jones himself has said that his future is at centre-back.

Guest Roger Kint

Manchester United hope to push through the £15million capture of Benfica centre-back Ezequiel Garay.

He had great potential years ago but i lost track when he went to Portugal...could be inspired. Rio and Vidic are coming to the end of their careers at very top level (Rio is closer than Vidic to it like). Seems like United are keen on Jones being the first choice in the centre in the future. Garay-Jones? not bad

If this was true does it mean Moyes has little or no say on transfers? Its a player Fergie has looked at a lot in the past and seems to be constantly linked to them each window. In the few games i have seen for Benfica he wasnt anything special but had a big reputation when in Spain so could go either way imo.

Jones himself has said that his future is at centre-back.

I don't remember him saying that but it isn't really up to him, especially if his manager believes he'll be better elsewhere.

We seem to be pretty strongly linked to a centre back. That'll be Vidic, Evans, Ferdinand and a new centre back ahead of him in the pecking order. Smalling is also playing extremely well and is played ahead of Jones in centre back when the position is available, with Jones moving into midfield or playing as a right back.

I don't think Jones will be a centre back.

If this was true does it mean Moyes has little or no say on transfers? Its a player Fergie has looked at a lot in the past and seems to be constantly linked to them each window. In the few games i have seen for Benfica he wasnt anything special but had a big reputation when in Spain so could go either way imo.

:lol: Of course he has a say on transfers.

Djukic unveiled as Valencia manager. Interesting. He's done a great job at Valladolid, but that's just one year of experience at the top level.

Wonder how perilous Valencia's situation is now that they aren't in CL?

Djukic unveiled as Valencia manager. Interesting. He's done a great job at Valladolid, but that's just one year of experience at the top level.

Wonder how perilous Valencia's situation is now that they aren't in CL?

Probably not pretty, but their ownership/stadium/debt situation seems to change every other week so I don't know anymore.

Pretty blatant and borderline insulting Suárez clean-up campaign going over at Marca as of late, Real Madrid must be seriously considering buying him :lol:

I am waiting the reaction from Marca when Suarez bite Pique :lol:

"He was just chosen to be made an example of"

"Evra overreacted"

"Opposition players know he has a short fuse so they provoke him"

It's like they turned into RAWK.

He's a magnificent player, but he's going to give Pepe a run for his money.

Sevilla's President Del Nido confirms West Ham bid €17m for Álvaro Negredo, and it was rejected.

hmm Andy Carroll money I wonder

That's what i thought - surely West Ham can't be spending that much on a striker and still have enough left for Carroll?