Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Karlsen loves him.

"Whoever ends up landing Paulinho (Spurs, Inter, Roma?) will have an absolutely amazing player on their hands - trust me."

"Re last tweet: Paulinho (24, Corinthians/Brazil). Strong-running/goalscoring central midfielder with ability and personality"

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone else remember when we were a bigger club than Spurs? :okay:

Never, they are the best team in the world :hmm:

Keep hearing great things about Paulinho. Tim Vickery raves about him and compares him to Frank Lampard, the way he gets into the box. He's a Spurs fan too, so he'll be chuffed with this.

He's a great player, i'm just not convinced he fits well with Dembele.

Anyone care to agree that Isco has the potential to be better than Iniesta? Just been slaughtered for coming out with this opinion.

I think it's a bit of an outrageous statement simply because I think that Iniesta is that good. I often get show down because I think that Iniesta is a better player than Zidane was so it's all subjective at the end of the day. Isco has certainly shown more so far in his career than Iniesta had at the same time over the respective parts of their careers.

Anyone care to agree that Isco has the potential to be better than Iniesta? Just been slaughtered for coming out with this opinion.

I think he has the potential to be his successor in the national team as i have said before but i'm not willing to go that far yet :lol:

They are quite different, although they play in the same position. Anyway, he's just 21 and it's a bit premature, he's a hell of a prospect though.

Agree, Isco has a bit more pace and a better finisher. The Kaka to Iniesta's Zidane if you will.

He's a quality player but i wonder about the balance of the Spurs midfield.... aren't Paulinho and Dembele a bit similar? then you go into the Sandro conundrum as well as the likes of Holtby etc etc.

Not knocking Paulinho the player just wonder if a different type of a player would be better served.

Not sure what the Sandro conundrum is, but I think those two would make an excellent partnership. They could really use a direct replacement for Modric though, think they missed him a lot. Moutinho would've been perfect

I haven't seen enough of Paulinho, but he seems to sit deep more often than not, him and Sandro with Dembele or maybe Holtby in front of him sounds pretty decent. Whatever happens their definitely in need of a top center midfielder.

He's the perfect replacement for Modric, you won't find another player exactly like Modric, not even Moutinho comes close to what Modric was for Spurs, but Paulinho is a good complement to that midfield if used right. He's not a DM, he's a technical midfielder with a great ability to come into the box at the right time.

In the national side he's not been effective because he's sitting deep, but that's the good thing about him, he can play both positions. He's a bit like Ramires with less speed and more technique and effectiveness, and obviously the goalscoring ability that not many central midfielders have.

Luís Alberto to Liverpool.

He was on loan at Barça B this season, he did quite well but I really don't think he's good enough for this level.

Isco to RM was obvious but still pisses me off. He's too good.

How highly do you rate Spanish Segunda as a league mate? Considering he scored 11, and had 17 assists at that level, I don't know how the league compares to Championship for example. Never seen him play, so can't judge. But he'll be replacing Shelvey in the squad whom I expect to be sold for a similar figure.

Big gamble & huge fee for someone who hasn't played in a top league. Has done well in the CL mind, but it's easy to give everything in those games when you can't stroll through your domestic division.

Wanyama to Southampton for a cool £12.5m

Not necessarily a done deal. One of him, Banega and Nainggolan will probably happen though. They've got a pretty strong set of targets, with the cash to back it up.