Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Obviously I can't judge Zaha against top level opponents as he hasn't been there yet, but once I found out we were interested I followed him very closely and the guy was dynamite 90% of the time. He was just a different class in the playoffs. I'm excited. He excites me.

Madrid have bought Illarramendi for €30m. Good signing, but a tad expensive. Long term Alonso replacement.

I'd still rather pay that than what City have for Fernandinho. It is very steep but i think he's going to be a lovely player and like you say will fill Alonso's role down the line.

Rumours re Chelsea offering us 25m plus Lukaku on loan for a year.

Given that, were we to keep Benteke a year, and he did well, he'd be off next season anyway, if they were stupid enough to offer us that, I think I'd be tempted to take it.

Why would they offer that when they have been quoted a straight 25m for Benteke? Given that Ba might be off, Torres being Torres, with no striker of pedigree coming in and Mourinho quotes on giving Lukaku a chance too.

Why would they offer that when they have been quoted a straight 25m for Benteke? Given that Ba might be off, Torres being Torres, with no striker of pedigree coming in and Mourinho quotes on giving Lukaku a chance too.

We don't know that they actually have been quoted a straight 25m for Benteke.

We don't know that they actually have been quoted a straight 25m for Benteke.

I was going by the widely reported figure in the media. 25m is a huge sum, I'll be amazed if you get more than that for him including a Lukaku loan. Pretty much a no-brainer if that happens.

So much fucking money man :( As great as it would be to have all the best players in the premier league, it's depressing when your team is run on a budget and you know you don't have a hope of competing with these guys.

This is the summer of big money, these fees are a good laugh. If Zlatan went to City, I can only imagine the numbers that'd be discussed. Fee & wages. I'm just waiting for the window to close so I can look at our transfers and pretend to be content that we've only signed Lee Bowyer.