Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m

Crystal Palace sign Jose Campana from Sevilla on four-year deal #SSN

Expand

Should have been in for him.

Joking

That is actually a very good signing imo. Good spot from Palace.

At that price you should have been in for him, he's Sevilla's hottest prospect since Navas.

Lots of talk that he likes partying a bit too much though, which might hinder his promise.

Ridiculous that we have chosen to limit ourselves to mainly France when many clubs (9 clubs bought from Spain so far) have caught onto the Spanish market and at reduced fees too. It's good that we have a proven hunting ground but we should expand our scouting network instead of restricting ourselves to a few select countries.

A year ago we were clever and ahead of the curve in the transfer market, yet now it feels like we're behind.

I think we kind of have a target then when we don't get him we have to start a new process all over again.  PEA was our target we didn't get him now we are looking at other targets.  OR that's what I hope is happening, we might just be doing nothing hoping Remy will buy himself out of his contract and knock on Kinnears door.

Who knows.

Guest reefatoon

A year ago we were clever and ahead of the curve in the transfer market, yet now it feels like we're behind.

I think we kind of have a target then when we don't get him we have to start a new process all over again.  PEA was our target we didn't get him now we are looking at other targets.  OR that's what I hope is happening, we might just be doing nothing hoping Remy will buy himself out of his contract and knock on Kinnears door.

Who knows.

Totally right there. It's Like De Jong last year. Bid 10mill, didn't get him, then we brought in no one.  Seems like we only have 1 player scouted and on the list at a time, then when that doesn't happen, we haven't go ta clue what to do next.

We always think we're not going to make any signings, until they arrive. We fucked up last summer but the effect was made worse by other factors.

We obviously need reinforcements, like every club does every window, but we still have time left.

We always think we're not going to make any signings, until they arrive. We f***ed up last summer but the effect was made worse by other factors.

We obviously need reinforcements, like every club does every window, but we still have time left.

It's far to quiet though, not the right noises coming out of the club either. Worried as fuck as expect us to sell players and not get what we need. We will be relegated next season if we sell and don't manage to get strikers

We always think we're not going to make any signings, until they arrive. We f***ed up last summer but the effect was made worse by other factors.

Out of curiosity, how many net transfers (in vs out) do you think we will bring in by the end of the window? Talking about first-teamers obviously.

Out of curiosity, how many net transfers (in vs out) do you think we will bring in by the end of the window? Talking about first-teamers obviously.

Hard to say. Possibly one out if Cisse goes, otherwise probably none out. Assuming selling people like Gosling for peanuts doesn't count as important.

Coming in? Two forwards and possibly a defender? How can I say... it doesn't really affect the point I made.

Considering we are already 3 down with Cisse, Cabaye, Gosling, Williamson and Shola possible to go I think we will bring in one and be down by around 5 or 6

Ian. What have you seen or heard so far that is giving you the optimism we will sign players/improve the squad and have a good season?

Not meaning to give you a hard time or anything just for me personally there is nothing positive going on at the club at the moment that gives me any hope for the coming season. I suppose you could argue no Europa league but I always believed a lot of that was down to Pardew's bullshit.

Club appears from the outside looking in to be a complete mess. With this Cisse situation a perfect example.

Hard to say. Possibly one out if Cisse goes, otherwise probably none out. Assuming selling people like Gosling for peanuts doesn't count as important.

Coming in? Two forwards and possibly a defender? How can I say... it doesn't really affect the point I made.

And I take it you will be happy with a net incoming of one forward and possibly one defender?

And I take it you will be happy with a net incoming of one forward and possibly one defender?

We're not going to sign 5 or 6 players, man.

Ian. What have you seen or heard so far that is giving you the optimism we will sign players/improve the squad and have a good season?

Not meaning to give you a hard time or anything just for me personally there is nothing positive going on at the club at the moment that gives me any hope for the coming season. I suppose you could argue no Europa league but I always believed a lot of that was down to Pardew's bullshit.

Club appears from the outside looking in to be a complete mess. With this Cisse situation a perfect example.

I've said it before. A fresh start, a good team of players, pressure of relegation off, motivation from last season's failure, presuming less injuries, no Europa league.

We're not going to sign 5 or 6 players, man.

Relax, I'm asking Ian what kind of transfer movements he'll be happy with. I know as much as everyone we will not sign 5 or 6 first-teamers.

Why do you assume that?

I think at the moment we don't need any defenders, but one would be nice and shift Williamson out.

Forwards, we need a wide-left player (e.g. Remy) and a central striker as well. I would prefer someone young and upcoming than Bent. This is if Cisse stays, which I'm not going to assume he won't until we know.

I find it a bit weird to be asked whether I'm happy with things that haven't happened. Like any fan, I would like as many signings as possible. I just think that our transfer business is generally good and I find it strange that people queue up on here to slate it.