Darren Pratley

Nicky

Not seen a thread on this yet, and had a search.  I know its only Talksport,  but they seem fairly convinced we've got him.

Newcastle are set to beat Bolton in the race to sign Darren Pratley.

The Swansea midfielder will be a free agent after the Play-Off final against Reading on Monday and Owen Coyle had hoped to snap up the 26-year-old.

But Newcastle have offered the former Fulham man a four-year deal on better terms than Bolton and he will move to St James' Park even if Swansea make the Premier League by beating Reading in Monday's Play-Off final at Wembley.

Pratley has hit 12 goals for Brendan Rodgers' side this season and is set to be Alan Pardew's first acquisition of the summer.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/7798/0/newcastle-set-beat-bolton-race-swansea-star?

Don't know a lot about him if I'm honest.

Guest bimpy474

Dunno though, decent enough back up for Tiote, he can put his foot in and decent passer, has to be to play in Swansea's passing team, definitely knows where the goal is, not the worst back up is he ? especially on a free.

I know we like signing freebies which is all lovely,  but if he's already playing in the championship at 26,  is he going to improve or be anything better then we already have?  Doesn't seem that logical,  but then again,  neither did Perch.

Bit of a pointless signing with both Nolan & Guthrie on the books. Physically bigger, stronger and quicker than both, but apart from that I can't see why we'd go for him. He's not a bad player, though I think he should stay where he is if they go up, if not then at 26 I can see why he'd want to move on and try the Premiership.

Not taking the piss but I think he'd be a good signing for Sunderland.

Wouldn't mind if it meant we were getting rid of Smith but it's more likely he'd  be Barton's replacement knowing our luck. Have no doubt he's a decent player but not sure he's any better than what we have already. Then again think of all the money on wages we'd be saving!

Because he's 26 and never played higher than the Championship he has absolutely no chance of being decent? or improving? :facepalm:

He can improve obviously,  but to the point where he'll improve our first 11?  Is he going to be better then Barton & Tiote?