Darren Pratley

Nicky

While we need to improve the first team we also need a bigger squad.

Do people not remember us finishing the season with Ryan Taylor in central midfield?

Tiote is going to the African Nations.

Signing like this is low risk and shrewd if Pardew rates him.

Midfield hardly seems a priority. Gosling hasn't played for us yet, well he has but it barely counts.

We have Pardew hinting at a continental mid almost done and this strong rumour re Pratley, with, probably, a right mid/wing still to come.

Unless Barton and Nolan are on the departing list it seems an unnecessary signing.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Good player. Definitely take him on a free as he's better than Guthrie and wayyyy better than Smith.

He's a good player with a very good engine, can run from box to box all game (sometimes with a ball).

Scores the odd goal as well.

Not an auto first choice for us any more though, on the bench for most games.

EDIT: He did play in 1 Premier league game for Fulham  :)

Put it this way I'd much rather have Pratley coming in for Tiote or Nolan than Smith or Guthrie.

Even though Guthrie was excellent (i.e. better than Pratley) in the Championship and has done well enough since the West Brom game when required? ???

Put it this way I'd much rather have Pratley coming in for Tiote or Nolan than Smith or Guthrie.

Even though Guthrie was excellent (i.e. better than Pratley) in the Championship and has done well enough since the West Brom game when required? ???

I should of qualified what I said. I meant more so Tiote than Nolan, given a midfield pairing of the latter and Guthrie is an accident waiting to happen. He has a much better engine than Guthrie although Guthrie probably has a much better passing range, different types of players really. If Tiote was suspended I'd definetly pair Nolan with Pratley though.

Why do some people assume any player they don't know must be good?

Do they? I've seen plenty examples of "Never heard of him therefore he must be shit". The other people who admit to not knowing a player we're linked to tend to say something along the lines of "Never heard of him. Is he any good?".