Gervinho

Dave

I think Gervinho sees himself as too good for us and tbh, he is. Gameiro though, I think we've got a real shot of getting him. I'm not quite sure why he seems to be so set on Valencia mind, I'm not sure he'd get in their team. Emery tends to play 4-5-1 and has Soldado and Aduriz to choose from at the moment (unless they've agreed deals elsewhere) and they are both very good players with decent scoring records, I don't think he's a step up on either of them.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cabaye c'est plus probable que Gervinho.

Cabaye a déclaré vouloir découvrir un nouveau championnat. Newcastle club historique du foot anglais semble correspondre à son souhait (même si pour moi il aurait pu espérer mieux).

Gervinho a déclaré vouloir jouer la C1 à Lille ou ailleurs. Newcastle ne correspond pas à ce souhait. En revanche City et Arsenal, si. (et rien ne dit qu'il ne va pas se servir de l'offre de Newcastle pour faire monter les enchères niveau salaire).

From a french forum ?

Guest elbee909

Cabaye c'est plus probable que Gervinho.

Cabaye a déclaré vouloir découvrir un nouveau championnat. Newcastle club historique du foot anglais semble correspondre à son souhait (même si pour moi il aurait pu espérer mieux).

Gervinho a déclaré vouloir jouer la C1 à Lille ou ailleurs. Newcastle ne correspond pas à ce souhait. En revanche City et Arsenal, si. (et rien ne dit qu'il ne va pas se servir de l'offre de Newcastle pour faire monter les enchères niveau salaire).

From a french forum ?

Cabaye is more likely than Gervinho, Cabaye said he wants to play in a new league, we're a historic club though the poster would have hoped he'd be able to do better.  Gervinho has said he'd like to play for Lille or better and Newcastle can't offer that, etc.  City and Arsenal, fair enough.

I reckon i'd actually prefer Zog to Gervinho. I reckon he'll be cheaper, plus he's proven to be absolute quality. Could be a bit risky throwing a load of PL inexperience into one big melting pot and hoping they all hit it off (not that i'd be remotely disappointed if we did do).

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

As much as I think Gervinho's superb, Zoggy's proven and a developed player since he left. Both would be outstanding.

Gervinho is the only player of all the ones from France linked to us I've seen for any length of time and he's a class above N'Zogbia like. I wouldn't whinge if we signed either of them, but if I had a choice I'd go for Gervinho every single time.

Okay - how about Menez or Gervinho? Menez is still being linked, surely can't be all three of them?!

Gervinho is the only player of all the ones from France linked to us I've seen for any length of time and he's a class above N'Zogbia like. I wouldn't whinge if we signed either of them, but if I had a choice I'd go for Gervinho every single time.

Okay - how about Menez or Gervinho? Menez is still being linked, surely can't be all three of them?!

I didn't know Menez existed was until he was linked with us so my opinion on him is worth fuck all unfortunately :lol:

Lots of things could influence this. Tiote his international teammate, Cabaye his recent Lille teammate, but at the end of the day I think he has his heart set on a higher target. He'll talk to us but ultimately go elsewhere. When Cabaye came off they were clearly saying bye to each other.  :dontknow:

However, I think we'll get the Zog back instead so it won't be the end of the world by any means.