Gervinho

Dave

Still find all of this kind of implausible. Lille are the champions of France, will be playing Champions League next season.

Just can't see us nabbing two of their best players ...

I'm sure people will be along soon to moan about your agenda horse, but I agree.

Until things are confirmed by the club I don't see the point getting too excited. And even then I'll wonder if we're selling anyone else to pay for it. Promising signs, but 'wait until the end of the transfer window' cuts both ways.

Still find all of this kind of implausible. Lille are the champions of France, will be playing Champions League next season.

Just can't see us nabbing two of their best players ...

I'm sure people will be along soon to moan about your agenda horse, but I agree.

Until things are confirmed by the club I don't see the point getting too excited. And even then I'll wonder if we're selling anyone else to pay for it. Promising signs, but 'wait until the end of the transfer window' cuts both ways.

the premiership is seen as a massive step up on ligue 1 and many players could well drop the champions league to showcase themselves in the prem, also it looks like the lille team will be ripped to shreds after this season with hazard and sow moving aswell. if he chose us over arsenal, well, now thats a different kettle of prawns.

This clothes shop ITK. :lol: :lol:

It's a right load of nonsensical blather. You can tell it's the silly season.

An as yet unidentified French footballer visits clothes shop in Newcastle and during conversation he says he's here discussing a possible move to NUFC.

What's nonsensical about that ?

I only posted it as I thought it might be Gevinho but I now know it wasn't him.

Interesting quotes from the Lille coach....

There will be no summer exodus to the LOSC. While rumors abound about possible departures of players Lille names Gervinho, Moussa Sow or Eden Hazard returning insistently coach Rudi Garcia Mastiffs wanted to put things in place. At the microphone from RMC, the technician warned that only Yohan Cabaye had a release: "They are all under contract. The only one who can go out, it's Yohan Cabaye. All others are under contract and if the wishes to be effective in the next season, do not forget. We work, we know that there are still one or two cases to be resolved: that of Yohan and that of Gervinho. The others are settled. " Garcia intends to keep the major players in the workforce for the Champions League that LOSC will play next season.

http://www.sport.fr/football/ligue-1-a-lille-seul-cabaye-a-un-bon-de-sortie-220047.shtm

Basically they have no control over Cabaye because of his release clause and I guess Gervinho wants to go.

Interesting quotes from the Lille coach....

There will be no summer exodus to the LOSC. While rumors abound about possible departures of players Lille names Gervinho, Moussa Sow or Eden Hazard returning insistently coach Rudi Garcia Mastiffs wanted to put things in place. At the microphone from RMC, the technician warned that only Yohan Cabaye had a release: "They are all under contract. The only one who can go out, it's Yohan Cabaye. All others are under contract and if the wishes to be effective in the next season, do not forget. We work, we know that there are still one or two cases to be resolved: that of Yohan and that of Gervinho. The others are settled. " Garcia intends to keep the major players in the workforce for the Champions League that LOSC will play next season.

http://www.sport.fr/football/ligue-1-a-lille-seul-cabaye-a-un-bon-de-sortie-220047.shtm

be interesting to see if he gets his wish.

Guest VegasToon

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Better late than never! Cabaye agreed to sign on Thursday... Gervinho has a choice of 2: favouring #NUFC

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's quite nice that we appear to be moving early.

It creates a domino effect tbh

Who know Jose may even stay

Transferred him into the Newcastle team on FIFA11.

In conclusion:

Gervinho > Best.

Don't do that you'll jinx it! I did that with Ben Arfa last year when he was seemingly nailed on after being spotted... then it was delayed for absolutely ages, Hamburg etc being linked until I changed him back... then he signed! Phew.

I initially thought that this must have been a coincidence, but I did the same thing mid-January with Seb Larsson (ok, I'm a saddo)... and he never signed! Ended up changing him back in Feb!

The moral of the story - where NUFC are concerned - do NOT count your chickens before they hatch... there is no such thing as  a done deal!

Guest elbee909

Transferred him into the Newcastle team on FIFA11.

In conclusion:

Gervinho > Best.

Don't do that you'll jinx it! I did that with Ben Arfa last year when he was seemingly nailed on after being spotted... then it was delayed for absolutely ages, Hamburg etc being linked until I changed him back... then he signed! Phew.

I initially thought that this must have been a coincidence, but I did the same thing mid-January with Seb Larsson (ok, I'm a saddo)... and he never signed! Ended up changing him back in Feb!

The moral of the story - where NUFC are concerned - do NOT count your chickens before they hatch... there is no such thing as  a done deal!

None of these deals will go through.

(Yeah, I'm laying that down, flipping and reversing it)