Gervinho

Dave

If Everton are the single other club, then Pardew's 'We’ve given a player a deadline this week, we think that’s 60-40 in our favour' comment makes sense. At the figures we're talking about though, if the player is as good as some are making out I can't understand why bigger clubs wouldn't come in for him.

I honestly don't think many have the money. Our January windfall has given us a budget disproportionate to our level, similar to Everton getting the money for Rodwell.

The most Arsenal have ever spent on a player is only a few more million than this.

How much do you think we'd have spent (net) without selling Carroll? Anything?

Nothing most likely.

Be nice to sign this fella nice and early. If anything its a statement of intent from the club! If its between us and Everton it could really go down to anything. At the moment Everton are a tad better than us, however signing Cabaye and having Tiote already may persuade him

Just got a bit of hope with signing Cabaye, Tiote already here and that moment between Pards & the Drog, Gervinho has his heart set on coming here, like Gamerio has on joining Valencia.

If he goes to Everton then fair play, always liked them as a cliub and a bunch of fans. Always seem to be top half and should be pushing for Europe every year if they stay injury clear.Would be disapointed if we didnt get him if we're genuinely in for him though, especially with it seemingly being only us and Everton.

If Everton are the single other club, then Pardew's 'We’ve given a player a deadline this week, we think that’s 60-40 in our favour' comment makes sense. At the figures we're talking about though, if the player is as good as some are making out I can't understand why bigger clubs wouldn't come in for him.

I honestly don't think many have the money. Our January windfall has given us a budget disproportionate to our level, similar to Everton getting the money for Rodwell.

The most Arsenal have ever spent on a player is only a few more million than this.

How much do you think we'd have spent (net) without selling Carroll? Anything?

Nothing most likely.

more likely to be about 5-10m net spend i reckon, however the carroll money has given ashley an opportunity to make the club progress without  any 'capital outlay' and taken the opportunity imo.

@andybrassell What do you think of Gervinho and his likelyhood (or not) of coming to NUFC? Is he worth the rumoured 10 million?

@Sewellyy Fairly unlikely; he'll have pick of several clubs, including some CL ones. €10m v reasonable; gets behind full-backs, score goals.

Guest BooBoo

Why are Everton constantly in a state of having no money to spend? Surely a club of that size with good attendances must make some cash?

Guest BooBoo

Why are Everton constantly in a state of having no money to spend? Surely a club of that size with good attendances must make some cash?

Kenwright's a cunt.[/CMc]

Ah yes. :lol: