Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

they seem to think he's definitely coming here ... and by the praise he's getting its a good thing :) cos i personally havent a clue about the lad

another quote... 'then with barton it will be well accomodated a good tacle in the knee with the first drive or a blow of head to the choice '

"Newcastle reste un grand club, avec sans doute le plus de ferveur convernant les supporters... sans parler de leur magnifique stade. Newcastle, après des années de reusltats médiocres, voire lamentable, essaye de retrouver le haut niveu... ça peut être un challenge interessant!"

:laugh:

Guest bimpy474

I hate to say this but it seems Ashley and Co are using a bit of common sense here, a bit like Milan did in the 80's, when they signed Gullit, Van Basten and *Rijkard*. You sign 3 or so players (french or french speaking) so they settle together, so their wives/girlfriends/kids can also settle as they have ready made friends.

Not sure if that was Ashleys plan, value for money is better in France than here, but its a sound move even if it wasn't.

So they are going into the CL and he leaves for a mid-table PL side with owners who only seem to want to fuck up supporters/players.

Makes sense football sometimes

What are the wages like over there?

So they are going into the CL and he leaves for a mid-table PL side with owners who only seem to want to fuck up supporters/players.

In the Gameiro and Gervinho topics, I don't think enough has been made of what a good opportunity Newcastle presents for players - not because I am deluded about the status of the club, but because of the appeal of the league.

Guest bimpy474

So they are going into the CL and he leaves for a mid-table PL side with owners who only seem to want to f*** up supporters/players.

Yeah but i doubt they know that, just like we have no idea what goes on in their clubs.

"Newcastle reste un grand club, avec sans doute le plus de ferveur convernant les supporters... sans parler de leur magnifique stade. Newcastle, après des années de reusltats médiocres, voire lamentable, essaye de retrouver le haut niveu... ça peut être un challenge interessant!"

:laugh:

:smitten:

If this lad is as good as he is starting to sound, £7.5m for him and Tiote :lol:

Chuck in Ben Arfa for what? £12.5m.

'Winning'.

Mike Ashley is clearly has tiger blood.

The big attraction of the CL to players at clubs like Lille is to go up against the top teams in Europe. But without kidding themselves they probably realise they're not going to go far in it. Playing in the PL against Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea; even Spuds, Liverpool and City; is probably as big of a draw, if not bigger, to them tbh.

Guest Heneage

Say what you like about the owners and the hierarchy of this club but they've made some astute purchases recently.

If this lad is as good as he is starting to sound, £7.5m for him and Tiote :lol:

'Winning'.

http://i.imgur.com/Rl7Gd.jpg

'Winning'.

:lol:

Large thank you with Cabaye, and I think that Newcastle is an excellent choice. A super city for the foot and an interesting challenge since it is sure to be titular in a club which will try to return while hanging Europe. It is a project over several years in my opinion.

:snod:

'Winning'.

If i was a tiger, i would keep in shape. Looks more bad ass that way....

12e de Premier League cette saison, Newcastle souhaite se rapprocher du Big Four à l'avenir et retrouver le rang qui était le sien avant sa descente en deuxième division. Avec l'arrivée de Cabaye, les Magpies confirmeraient leur ambition. Gervinho pourrait franchir la Manche en sa compagnie

http://www.maxifoot.fr/football/article-12615.htm

"12th in the Premier League this season, Newcastle hope to close in on the Big Four in the future and to return to the level they were at before relegation. With Cabaye's arrival it would confirm their ambition. Gervinho could join him over The Channel."

:lol: