Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

:fishing:

FWIW I've never heard of him because I don't follow French football. It's normally a good sign when fans of the other team are raging though.

My point exactly,hardly any of you have ever seen him play or even heard of him and it's funny watching you all big him up on the basis of nothing at all.

Have any of you considered why he is leaving a club in the CL to sign for a lower half PL club?

Money? The change to showcase his talents in one of the biggest leagues in the world? Which would of course mean he's using us as a stepping stone.

It's certainly not going to be because he's heard how lush the Crown Posada is. (It is mind)

Do Newcastle ever sign just good or average players?

Why does every player Newcastle sign have to be bigged up like they are something special?

I guarantee 90% of Newcastle fans on here had never even heard of this Cabaye lad this morning.

Like Sessegnon you mean?  :bluestar:

Shall we compare Sessegnon to Ben Afra?

Really? :lol:

FWIW I've never heard of him because I don't follow French football. It's normally a good sign when fans of the other team are raging though.

My point exactly,hardly any of you have ever seen him play or even heard of him and it's funny watching you all big him up on the basis of nothing at all.

Have any of you considered why he is leaving a club in the CL to sign for a lower half PL club?

Because he's going to a big club with an identity that extends further than "It's near Newcastle I think".

I know it's a foreign concept to you but we are used to signing big players :)

You need to read the thread again, mong. :lol:

Guest Loven11

Why does every player Newcastle sign have to be bigged up like they are something special?

I guarantee 90% of Newcastle fans on here had never even heard of this Cabaye lad this morning.

Ben Arfa is better than Sessegnon, even tho he seems canny good and I'm pretty sure most Toon fans would have heard of Ben Arfa.

Money? The change to showcase his talents in one of the biggest leagues in the world? Which would of course mean he's using us as a stepping stone.

It's certainly not going to be because he's heard how lush the Crown Posada is. (It is mind)

The only reason anyone in France signs for Newcastle - we have crepes and slags.

In what way?

All I'm saying is you've said 90% of our fans will never have heard of Cabaye before today. (Probably higher than that actually)

Whereas I doubt many of your fans had heard of Sessegnon either.

Why don't you insert spaces after punctuation?

We're not as stupid as what you're used to. Plenty have asked this question, and since the bloke hasn't signed anything yet, no one really has any answers. The optimism comes purely from the hope or fantasy that this lad will sign, and turn out to be a bit special. I think that's quite obvious , making your wummery a tad redundant.

Oh, and 5-1  :indi:

Guest Wearside

Shall we start comparing goals scored first?

Or maybe we can start by assists.

Take your pick,I'm happy to debate either.

You can't really compare the two based on this season, simply due to Ben Arfa's injury.

All I know is Ben Arfa's reputation in France was bigger than Sessegnon's. Although a lot of people in France had grown tired of Ben Arfa, due to him not delivering on the potential he showed when first breaking onto the scene.

Sessegnon's also almost 3 years older than Ben Arfa.

Put it this way, if Ben Arfa actually gets close to fulfilling his potential with us, as well as making a full recovery from his injury, I doubt he'll still be with us when he's the same age as Sessegnon is now.

Shall we start comparing goals scored first?

Or maybe we can start by assists.

Take your pick,I'm happy to debate either.

Goals, we know about those  :coolsmiley:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01750/nolanap_1750578c.jpg

Guest Wearside

You can't really compare the two based on this season, simply due to Ben Arfa's injury.

All I know is Ben Arfa's reputation in France was bigger than Sessegnon's. Although a lot of people in France had grown tired of Ben Arfa, due to him not delivering on the potential he showed when first breaking onto the scene.

Put it this way, if Ben Arfa actually gets close to fulfilling his potential with us, as well as making a full recovery from his injury, I doubt he'll still be with us when he's the same age as Sessegnon is now.

Ben Arfa has never delivered though,ever since he was about 17 he has had the reputation of 'potential or 'one for the future' and  has it all to prove still and if the reports are true about his injury then the jury is out even more.

I realise it's not right too praise SAFC players on here but Sessegnon has done more in 5 month than Ben Arfa has done in a year and I find it hilarious how certain people on here take great delight in trying to slag Sessegnon off despite him doing far more in England than Ben Arfa has.

We will see next season then but I'd be willing to stake large cash on Sessegnon outperforming Ben Arfa on goals and assists.

Ben Arfa has never delivered though,ever since he was about 17 he has had the reputation of 'potential or 'one for the future' and  has it all to prove still and if the reports are true about his injury then the jury is out even more.

I realise it's not right too praise SAFC players on here but Sessegnon has done more in 5 month than Ben Arfa has done in a year and I find it hilarious how certain people on here take great delight in trying to slag Sessegnon off despite him doing far more in England than Ben Arfa has.

We will see next season then but I'd be willing to stake large cash on Sessegnon outperforming Ben Arfa on goals and assists.

Would you be willing to drink piss? If so, it's on. It's on like Donkey Kong.