Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest elbee909

I like how we're not meant to be deluded about how good a new player (who we may not even be signing) may be.  Well duh, that's why it's called the silly season!  Realism?!?

Guest Wearside

Wearside, did you watch the Stoke game? Did you think Ben Arfa had a bad game? From what I remember he created our best chance, didn't lose possession and looked a threat without having the explosiveness of his Everton performance. It wasn't an outstanding appearance from the lad, but it was about the same level as Sessegnon's best games for your lot (quality in glimpses, consistently tidy but ultimately lacked influence).

Now, the Everton

game, has Sessegnon even put in half an eye catching performance as that? Where he single handedly destroyed a defensively solid side and the national media were raving about the lad? He raised more eyebrows in 85 minutes than Sessegnon has in 5 months, that should tell you all you need to know about next season.

Yes,I did watch that game hence how I no Ben Arfa was took off early and IMHO didn't look special at all.

Sessegnon had been on strike for about 2 month prior to him joining us and was tossed out onto the wing in a position that is not his best.Last 4/5 games he was in a more central position which is his favourite and he looked a completely different player and their is no question about it, the lad is a class act and it really wouldn't surprise me if the bigger clubs in this division are looking at him.

Ben Arfa has had one good game and has it all to prove especially after a very bad injury like he's had,pointless even having this argument because nobody knows how he is going to come back from that injury and only time will tell.

i see Cabaye has by far the worst record this season at Lille for yellow cards  - 12 in total. It would therefore appear that he is a right dirty little so and so - hopefully he likes the physical side of the game which would make him more likely to adapt to and bea success in the premier league. Tiote style.

...if he signs of course.

Also, knowing that you can 'get away' with more in the premier league and that it's more physical could mean he won't pick up as many bookings if he signs.

Wearside, did you watch the Stoke game? Did you think Ben Arfa had a bad game? From what I remember he created our best chance, didn't lose possession and looked a threat without having the explosiveness of his Everton performance. It wasn't an outstanding appearance from the lad, but it was about the same level as Sessegnon's best games for your lot (quality in glimpses, consistently tidy but ultimately lacked influence).

Now, the Everton

game, has Sessegnon even put in half an eye catching performance as that? Where he single handedly destroyed a defensively solid side and the national media were raving about the lad? He raised more eyebrows in 85 minutes than Sessegnon has in 5 months, that should tell you all you need to know about next season.

Yes,I did watch that game hence how I no Ben Arfa was took off early and IMHO didn't look special at all.

Sessegnon had been on strike for about 2 month prior to him joining us and was tossed out onto the wing in a position that is not his best.Last 4/5 games he was in a more central position which is his favourite and he looked a completely different player and their is no question about it, the lad is a class act and it really wouldn't surprise me if the bigger clubs in this division are looking at him.

Ben Arfa has had one good game and has it all to prove especially after a very bad injury like he's had,pointless even having this argument because nobody knows how he is going to come back from that injury and only time will tell.

Has neesy been dishing out free grammar lessons?

Now, the Everton

Has neesy been dishing out free grammar lessons?

There's no one quite like grammar,

@ Wearside - So your excuses come out for your own player (unsurprisingly), yet for ours it's a different story? Ben Arfa's preferred position (in his own words) is attacking midfielder, not a winger, hence why he may have made a more limited impact in that game. I agree, it wasn't a special performance but it wasn't a bad one and he still actually created our best chances.

You're right in one instance, Ben Arfa's injury could affect him but claiming, well bragging, Sessegnon will have a better season despite getting virtually the same stats as HBA, throughout his career, with far more playing time, shows how ignorant you are, as well as arrogant. You say  the argument is null and void at the moment, but you were the one making the bold statements.

@ Wearside - So your excuses come out for your own player (unsurprisingly), yet for ours it's a different story? Ben Arfa's preferred position (in his own words) is attacking midfielder, not a winger, hence why he may have made a more limited impact in that game. I agree, it wasn't a special performance but it wasn't a bad one and he still actually created our best chances.

You're right in one instance, Ben Arfa's injury could affect him but claiming, well bragging, Sessegnon will have a better season despite getting virtually the same stats as HBA, throughout his career, with far more playing time, shows how ignorant you are, as well as arrogant. You say  the argument is null and void at the moment, but you were the one making the bold statements.

:thup:

pretty much sums it up