Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

You can't really compare the two based on this season, simply due to Ben Arfa's injury.

All I know is Ben Arfa's reputation in France was bigger than Sessegnon's. Although a lot of people in France had grown tired of Ben Arfa, due to him not delivering on the potential he showed when first breaking onto the scene.

Sessegnon's also almost 3 years older than Ben Arfa.

Put it this way, if Ben Arfa actually gets close to fulfilling his potential with us, as well as making a full recovery from his injury, I doubt he'll still be with us when he's the same age as Sessegnon is now.

I realise it's not right too praise SAFC players on here but Sessegnon has done more in 5 month than Ben Arfa has done in a year and I find it hilarious how certain people on here take great delight in trying to slag Sessegnon off despite him doing far more in England than Ben Arfa has.

Honestly man, you're either retarded or a truly abysmal WUM. Embarrassing either way, fucknut.

Does this count as a bite?

You can't really compare the two based on this season, simply due to Ben Arfa's injury.

All I know is Ben Arfa's reputation in France was bigger than Sessegnon's. Although a lot of people in France had grown tired of Ben Arfa, due to him not delivering on the potential he showed when first breaking onto the scene.

Put it this way, if Ben Arfa actually gets close to fulfilling his potential with us, as well as making a full recovery from his injury, I doubt he'll still be with us when he's the same age as Sessegnon is now.

Ben Arfa has never delivered though,ever since he was about 17 he has had the reputation of 'potential or 'one for the future' and  has it all to prove still and if the reports are true about his injury then the jury is out even more.

I realise it's not right too praise SAFC players on here but Sessegnon has done more in 5 month than Ben Arfa has done in a year and I find it hilarious how certain people on here take great delight in trying to slag Sessegnon off despite him doing far more in England than Ben Arfa has.

We will see next season then but I'd be willing to stake large cash on Sessegnon outperforming Ben Arfa on goals and assists.

:facepalm:

Ben Arfa has never delivered though,ever since he was about 17 he has had the reputation of 'potential or 'one for the future' and  has it all to prove still and if the reports are true about his injury then the jury is out even more.

We will see next season then but I'd be willing to stake large cash on Sessegnon outperforming Ben Arfa on goals and assists.

You are aware De Jong broke Ben Arfa's leg right and that he hasn't been playing all year?

Ben Arfa has never delivered though,ever since he was about 17 he has had the reputation of 'potential or 'one for the future' and  has it all to prove still and if the reports are true about his injury then the jury is out even more.

I thought you Mackems were meant to be as passionate and knowledgeable about football as us, except you just had to put up with belonging to a proper hangin' city and football club? Unless you're horrific patter is just an exception to the rule?

I have this niggling doubt you aren't just on the wum :lol:

You seemed quite intelligent when you first signed up.

Guest Wearside

Would you be willing to drink p*ss? If so, it's on. It's on like Donkey Kong.

I'd be willing to have a £100 bet with anyone on here that Sessegnon out-performs Ben Arfa.

Are all mackems fucking stupid or something?

Ben Arfa has never delivered though,ever since he was about 17 he has had the reputation of 'potential or 'one for the future' and  has it all to prove still and if the reports are true about his injury then the jury is out even more.

I'd be willing to have a £100 bet with anyone on here that Sessegnon out-performs Ben Arfa.

Piss or nothing. Money is just money. Drinking piss is defeat.

Once again - quote me if I actually slagged Sessegnon off which I never have.

All my point was based on was the fact that I doubt the majority of your fans had heard of Sessegnon when he signed. Which is in no way a correlation to his actual ability.

Not many had heard of Tiote when we signed him, and look how he turned out.

Just read the rest of your post, shouldn't have bothered.

Where you getting this 'large cash' from by the way? Surely your giro doesn't stretch that far?

Sessegnon is obviously going to perform better, both his legs face the right way for a start!

Guest Wearside

All my point was based on was the fact that I doubt the majority of your fans had heard of Sessegnon when he signed. Which is in no way a correlation to his actual ability.

I'd say most SAFC fans had heard of Sessegnon before he signed but many, including myself had never seen him play.I'm not saying this Cabaye lad is not going to be good,I'm saying the people on here are going way overboard on a player most don't have a clue about.

We've got some atrocious players on our books at the minute. Some real fucking dross, I'm not going to pretend the likes of Smith, Lovenkrands and Shola are close to being good but Ben Arfa is fucking superb. He's only played a few games for us so far but if he stays fit then he'll be monumental. He's comfortably the most talented player on the books.

I'd say most SAFC fans had heard of Sessegnon before he signed but many, including myself had never seen him play.I'm not saying this Cabaye lad is not going to be good,I'm saying the people on here are going way overboard on a player most don't have a clue about.

If you can read (juries out) most have said things like 'never seen him play but sounds good', 'their fans seem a bit pissed off which is a good sign' etc etc..

Point out all these over reactions from people who haven't seen him?

By the way if we compare Sessegnon and Ben Arfa's first 3 games (as Ben Arfa only got to play 3 games thanks to De Jong) it stands as

Sessegnon: 0 goals 0 assists

Ben Arfa: 1 goal 0 assists

The only people who have genuinely raved about him are their fans and our handful of avid Ligue 1 followers.

The over the top wankers!!!

Could you imagine it though, like a player you are told is shit but he has won champions league medals so you all convince yourselves he will be good. That would be bad times, very bad times.

These "our player is better than your player" pissing contests are ulimately pointless, especially in this instance when they're two different types of midfielder.

I saw a lot of HBA before he signed for us and he always looked class. Tempremental but class. I hadn't heard or seen anything of Sessegnon until he was linked to us in the Mail last summer. HBA put in one of the best debuts I've ever seen of a Newcastle player at Goodison whereas Sessegnon looked way out of his depth until about three weeks ago. That said I wouldn't like to guess who'll turn out to be the better buy and anyone who is "willing to stake large cash" on one outperforming the other is either pissed and needs to put the keyboard down or is deluded.