Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest BooBoo

Yet another example of how the collective of this board is well ahead of the national press.

Superb scouring by all involved again, this site is the quintessential first place to come to for NUFC news.

:clap:

Alternatively it's yet another example of how few of us actually have a social life that we can spend hours trawling French football websites to find out transfer information 12 hours before it's announced in either the local or national press.

True but...er....my girlfriend has gone to see Take That and I've been sat in my underpants on the site for the last ten hours. GAAAAAH!

I know he is skilful but I hope he is not too lightweight for the league and I fear he might be. I would have gone for gourcuff personally

Like modric?

Fair point but I would suggest that Croats are quite a lot more gritty than the french

I live and play sport in France, which I think just about makes that statement ok. I just hope he is a modric instead of a sort of valbuena.

Guest BooBoo

I'll never forget following the Ben Arfa game exclusively on N-O using my BlackBerry on a beach in Southwest Florida. Great times. :thup:

I'll never tire of telling the tale of how I broke THAT photograph on here.

Yet another example of how the collective of this board is well ahead of the national press.

Superb scouring by all involved again, this site is the quintessential first place to come to for NUFC news.

Wouldn't be surprised if the national/local press comes on here to get their transfer stories tbh.......like the Sunday Sun and their breaking news about Cabaye yesterday when we already knew it.

Wouldn't be surprised if the national/local press comes on here to get their transfer stories tbh.......like the Sunday Sun and their breaking news about Cabaye yesterday when we already knew it.

Not really: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,76423.0.html

On a more serious note, I have to say that despite everything I'm still in mild disbelief that one of the key players from the French champions is willing to sign for... well, us.

Is there something about our club that I'm overlooking that makes us worth more than a season in the Champions League? :lol:

On a more serious note, I have to say that despite everything I'm still in mild disbelief that one of the key players from the French champions is willing to sign for... well, us.

Is there something about our club that I'm overlooking that makes us worth more than a season in the Champions League? :lol:

Someone earlier summed it up with the notion that playing in a much better league for 38 games + cups might be more rewarding than crashing out of Europe after the group stages and playing in a weaker league.

just realised David Rozenhal is with them......I'm sure he had only good things to say about us ;)

Not really: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,76423.0.html

Fair enough

Asked my french friend from uni what he thought of Cabaye.

"for 5 millions / very fuckin good deal, hes like 25 years old, good free kick taker and penalty, im sad he left because he could have helped lille in the champions, when newcastle plays campions? :)"

I then explained about playing in a better league rather than a few games in champo and then back to the french :)

"Ok the first part. But the second does not: LOSC is in the Champions League. Newcastle how many chances to play it? MU, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle City are well ahead on all levels. So that, yes, he will fight with the big boys. Opposite. But also against Wigan, QPR, Sunderland, WBA, Stoke ... The poor, y'en everywhere, including England. "

so that's how people in france view Sunderland.  :iamatwat: