Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Is there a chant for this magnificent man yet  :smitten:

He's French,

He's class,

You'd let him shag your lass,

Yohan Cabaye, Yohan Cabaye!

Drop the Yohan and that could work... Think the old Albert song has the one caught on the most...

He's French,

He's class,

Drop the Yohan and that could work... Think the old Albert song has the one caught on the most...

It fits perfect mate with the full name!

Mentioned it somewhere else, but to "Hello, Goodbye" by The Beatles:

You say Cabaye and I say Marveaux. Marveaux, Marveaux. I don't know why you say Cabaye I say Marveaux.

;D

Seriously proud of whoever came up with that.

He's French,

He's class,

It fits perfect mate with the full name!

Really?... Think it would fit better finishing with "Cab-ay-eee..." x2

Guest Howaythetoon

Looks a decent alrounder, good passing, good engine, likes a shot, hard tackling, I like this player. He's a vast upgrade on Nolan the footballer in terms of mobility and alround game but he needs to score goals which thankfully his runs into the box and shooting thus far show he's at least capable.

Guest VaVaVoom

Looks a decent alrounder, good passing, good engine, likes a shot, hard tackling, I like this player. He's a vast upgrade on Nolan the footballer in terms of mobility and alround game but he needs to score goals which thankfully his runs into the box and shooting thus far show he's at least capable.

I agree.

He seems to be adapting well to the PL and life in England. Having quite a few french speakin players here will have helped but it's his style of play and his attitude which imo will make him one of the best CM's in the PL.

He's box to box, good in a tackle, has a great eye for a pass and an eye for goal too.

From what I've seen of him so far in a black and white shirt he is a much better player than Nolan, whether he will get a similar amount of goals from CM is another question but he has pedigree. Scored 15 from midfield for Lille a year ago.

Him and Tiote, once built up an understanding, will be a quality CM pairing. Essien and Lampard'esq.

"Now I understand better what it means to be a Newcastle United player. After the game I wanted to thank the fans, because they were fantastic in the derby. We really wanted to win that game for them and for us.

J'adore.