Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Right, admittedly my French is slightly rusty (so apologies to those who spot any errors in my translation) but this is my summary of Cabaye's interview:

- He was asked about the Christmas/New Year period in the English football calendar and how such a busy period went/going for him. He says he's enjoying it.

- About our goal against Liverpool, he said that he doesn't really know what happened after he headed it on. All he knew was that it went in (I'm assuming that he doesn't really know who scored really).

- The presenters played some commentary of his goal for us in the Wigan game. He commented that it was an important goal and that the goal, being his first for the club, made him happy.

- He was asked about the tackle on Spearing. Responded saying that he concedes that it wasn't a good tackle and Pardew told Cabaye that action against him for the tackle (from the FA presumably) could yet before tomorrow but as it stands, Cabaye will be fine to face Man U. The presenter then said that the incident could have been due to fatigue, pressure and tension. Cabaye says that there has certainly been fatigue and all that but he ends by saying "we'll see". [Edit: turns out I misheard this bit before, think it has been corrected now].

- Regarding the match tomorrow, he knows it's going to be a big one, it has the potential to be a great game.

- Mentions that in England, the players don't go to the stadium until 6pm. In France, they apparently go to the stadium (for an evening game) in the afternoon, the presenters found it a bit bizarre.

- Was asked if by coming to NUFC, he'll be in a position to be a regular in the French national team. He says he doesn't know because the PL is a completely different league to the French league so he still needs to adapt before he's at his best. All he can atm is work normally and see what happens.

- A listener (a Lille supporter) called in and asked the following two questions:

1) What would his position be in midfield in the French national team?

2) Does he, from time to time, think about life after Newcastle?

--> In answer to the first question, Cabaye says that he has played in several different systems, so he can play anywhere in centre-midfield really - the main thing is actually being in the team.

--> And in answer to the second question, he says he honestly doesn't think about life after NUFC. The important thing is what happens now, so the main thing is concentrating to play to the best of his ability so that good things can happen here. It's a long road to becoming a really successful team but he's going to try his best to get there while he's here.

- And finally, Cabaye was asked about Ben Arfa. He says that it's a good thing for everyone that Ben Arfa's back due to his ability; scored a good goal against Bolton and as long as Hatem concentrates in training and on what he does, he'll be a massive asset to the team. Sounded as if Cabaye is pretty much certain that Ben Arfa is now ready to play instead of being "a joker in the pack" (presumably a wild card we can play).

- He was asked about the tackle on Spearing. Responded saying that he concedes that it wasn't a good tackle. Pardew told him that he's fine to play tomorrow but there could very well be repercussions for that tackle in the coming weeks.

Nice one Sifu :thup:

Don't see what Pardew's going on about with the repercussions though  ???

- He was asked about the tackle on Spearing. Responded saying that he concedes that it wasn't a good tackle. Pardew told him that he's fine to play tomorrow but there could very well be repercussions for that tackle in the coming weeks.

We might hear something from the FA.

(Or I might have misheard).

Guest sicko2ndbest

The ban would have to be for man u wouldn't it? They can't ban him retrospectively once he has played another match?

Guest VaVaVoom

The FA banning him no?

We might hear something from the FA.

(Or I might have misheard).

So it turns out I misheard that bit having listened to it again. What was said though (I think) was that Pardew told him that something could yet happen before tomorrow but as it stands, Cabaye will be fine to play tomorrow.

Alan Green crap commentator and Liverpool fan was whinging on 5 Live tonight that the ref said he saw the incident and saw nothing wrong. If that's right then the FA can do diddly but no doubt Howard Webb be on high alert tomorrow night.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Thank you sifu your translation is correct I would not have done better  O0

But the passage of Hatem you forgot one detail that may be important in the future.

The Newcastle midfielder has welcomed the return to competition partner's Hatem Ben Arfa. "It is. For now, the coach used as a wildcard, said Yohan Cabaye in Luis Attack on RMC. I hope it will not start to annoy. We need him. Everyone here knows. As soon as he enters, he tries to do its utmost to show he can play too. It was a very important goal at Bolton (2-0 December 26, ed.) I hope it will give him what he needed to come back. This is a very good thing for us, for him and the French football. "

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/214891/cabaye-on-a-besoin-de-ben-arfa/

Thank you sifu your translation is correct I would not have done better  O0

But the passage of Hatem you forgot one detail that may be important in the future.

The Newcastle midfielder has welcomed the return to competition partner's Hatem Ben Arfa. "It is. For now, the coach used as a wildcard, said Yohan Cabaye in Luis Attack on RMC. I hope it will not start to annoy. We need him. Everyone here knows. As soon as he enters, he tries to do its utmost to show he can play too. It was a very important goal at Bolton (2-0 December 26, ed.) I hope it will give him what he needed to come back. This is a very good thing for us, for him and the French football. "

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/214891/cabaye-on-a-besoin-de-ben-arfa/

Thanks for that. I thought I heard the word "énerver" but I wasn't too sure.