Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

The challenge was on Adam wasn't it? Spearing and one of our players went down in a heap seconds earlier though.

I'm willing to accept that I may have completely imagined this whole scenario like

Challenge was certainly on Spearing.

Tiote and Henderson were the ones that went down in a heap.

Referee clearly saw it.  Can't do a thing.  They probably should, it's twice he's gone in dangerously with studs up this season.

Not sure what people were watching???... Adam clearly went in recklessly and with intent and ended up doing himself an injury... Ref was right in front of it... Adam is the lucky one from what I've saw of it... Luck YC made nothing of it...

I'd like to see him moved up to be a central playmaker in a 4-2-3-1 with tiote and abeid behind him (assuming Abeid can make the step up) like he was at Lille. Having said that though the one thing we know about Pardew is that once he has decided where a player plays he ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT CHANGE HIS MIND UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

Guest Rey Mysterio

Referee clearly saw it.  Can't do a thing.  They probably should, it's twice he's gone in dangerously with studs up this season.

Not sure what people were watching???... Adam clearly went in recklessly and with intent and ended up doing himself an injury... Ref was right in front of it... Adam is the lucky one from what I've saw of it... Luck YC made nothing of it...

Firstly it was Jay Spearing not Charlie Adam, I'm sure Adam would be chuffed you think he looks like gollum!

Secondly, Cabaye was extremely lucky not to see red for that. I like his feisty approach but there are ways to go about it. That was just stupidity and will cost him games through suspension if he repeats that tackle again.

Firstly it was Jay Spearing not Charlie Adam, I'm sure Adam would be chuffed you think he looks like gollum!

Secondly, Cabaye was extremely lucky not to see red for that. I like his feisty approach but there are ways to go about it. That was just stupidity and will cost him games through suspension if he repeats that tackle again.

Cabaye far from covered himself in glory, but I do remember thinking at the time that Spearing had flown in at such pace that he maybe caught Cabaye unaware. Then again it could be my black and white specs kicking in.

Cabaye far from covered himself in glory, but I do remember thinking at the time that Spearing had flown in at such pace that he maybe caught Cabaye unaware. Then again it could be my black and white specs kicking in.

That was my reaction at the time too.

Having watched the incident again though, Cabaye was lucky no action was taken against him at the time (ie. a red card). 

Having watched the incident again though, Cabaye was lucky no action was taken against him at the time (ie. a red card).

Haven't seen it again since last night - he did catch him and it looked bad, but at the time I thought there was no way Cabaye could have premeditated it as Spearing came flying in so quickly from such a distance.

nothing to worry about, both in the middle of the park and getting stuck in and with refs these days you will also pick up bookings,  some of the yellows both players have had this season have been a joke.  they now can pick up 10 before any suspensions kick in as well.

The speed of the incident makes me think it wasn't pre meditated, I think Cabaye was lucky that Spearing flew in like he did, took the emphasis away from Cabaye. I think it was poor from Cabaye but it look horrendous slowed down not as bad normal time. I don't think we could complain much about a red.

nothing to worry about, both in the middle of the park and getting stuck in and with refs these days you will also pick up bookings,  some of the yellows both players have had this season have been a joke.  they now can pick up 10 before any suspensions kick in as well.

Yohan in particular could've easily seen straight red.

Guest bimpy474

Does need to watch his tackling, the one on Spearing was a shocker to be fair.

He gives away a lot of free kicks and he does make some silly fouls.

He reminds me of Paul Scholes in the tackling department, infact in most ways, just not as good.

Or ginger :D

Haven't seen it again since last night - he did catch him and it looked bad, but at the time I thought there was no way Cabaye could have premeditated it as Spearing came flying in so quickly from such a distance.

Must be talking about a completely different incident... Was definitely Adam... In the centre circle... Adam went in to clatter him and ended up hurting himself leading to his substitution and the introduction of Gerrard... His teammates surrounded the ref looking for a card when it was Adam that was the lucky boy... The Spearing incident I can't recall so that in itself would suggest it was much to do about nothing...

Must be talking about a completely different incident... Was definitely Adam... In the centre circle... Adam went in to clatter him and ended up hurting himself leading to his substitution and the introduction of Gerrard... His teammates surrounded the ref looking for a card when it was Adam that was the lucky boy... The Spearing incident I can't recall so that in itself would suggest it was much to do about nothing...

It was definitely Spearing

Definetly talking about a different incident to the one I'm referring too then... Adam held his leg with one hand and held his other up in agony after doing himself in the tackle... Game re-started with a drop ball that Carroll knocked back to our keeper...