Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I can see him going for 15-18m most likely the day before the window closes.  I don't know what his true value is but i'd hope for more then 10m for him, i suppose a player is only worth what someone is wiling to pay though....bring on Liverpool.

This bid is an insult to Cabaye. Not the best way to start the flirting..

:lol: Come off it, sorry.

Nailed on to turn them down now.

:lol:

:lol: "Zees offer, it iz too low, what does Wenger think I am, a peasant? Aaz ee not seen my floated corners into zee box? Fuck it, I am staying".

More annoying than the price of the bid is it going public hours before our first game of the season.

Yep not bothered about the offer, but trying to buy players on the day of the game is well to say it lacks class is an understatement.

As others have said, we wouldn't hesitate to do the same.

More annoying than the price of the bid is it going public hours before our first game of the season.

Yep not bothered about the offer, but trying to buy players on the day of the game is well to say it lacks class is an understatement.

Maybe the news just broke today, who knows?

Maybe the news just broke today, who knows?

doubt it, it really looks like a panicked reaction to saturdays result

He'll understand how important he is to us, I think. However, I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a Champions League club. He's always appeared an intelligent and decent guy, so I hope his conduct, from now on, falls in line with that. He needs to understand that we will only accept a handsome reward for letting him go. Hopefully none of this Bale/Rooney/Suarez business. But, we'll see.

How important is he to us, really?

I've reached a point with Cabaye where I'd rather see him go in favour of one or two players who are actually tailored to Pardew's game-plan. We're stuck with a manager who doesn't know how to use Cabaye at his optimum effectiveness. The fact that he doesn't have a huge effect on our team, as well as the relentless links away (and thus inevitable sale, a la Ba), means I'd rather we just accepted the first reasonable offer that comes our way and move on. As disappointing as it would be to lose such an obviously talented player, we seldom see him used to his full potential.

Seeing as we've got Pardew for the long-term, I wish we'd do what West Ham do. Sign players that are going to suit the manager, not ones that are 'available', but never going to fit into the tactician's philosophy. It's fucking ridiculous that we're not in for a winger, at the very least, for example. If selling Cabaye meant we could get one, I'd jump at the chance.

NUFCfans ‏@nufcfans 1m

Robbie Savage on @bbc5live, says he's "led to believe" Yohan Cabaye is not in #NUFC squad tonight / has been pulled out. Unconfirmed.

Can't believe that... we've openly mocked and rejected their bid. Would be massively strange.

Anyway, we'll see I guess.

NUFCfans ‏@nufcfans 1m

Robbie Savage on @bbc5live, says he's "led to believe" Yohan Cabaye is not in #NUFC squad tonight / has been pulled out. Unconfirmed.

Can't believe that... we've openly mocked and rejected their bid. Would be massively strange.

Really? Where was this?

[/ian]

You'll probably find we're the ones who've made it public to up the fee/generate further interest.

We've been publicly generating interest all season by bigging the fella up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Ashleys way of getting the fans back for slagging his drinking partner. 'don't sell Cabaye, we'll fackin' show'em Joe'.

Pack of cretinous cunts.

You'll probably find we're the ones who've made it public to up the fee/generate further interest.

We've been publicly generating interest all season by bigging the fella up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Ashleys way of getting the fans back for slagging his drinking partner. 'don't sell Cabaye, we'll fackin' show'em Joe'.

Pack of cretinous cunts.

the question is who benefits making this public, us? no not really if anything it hurts us. Arsenal? Makes them look like they're doing something in response to the defeat and wengers on the case to sort it out trust wenger hes about to go on a spending spree blah blah blah

Guest Howaythetoon

My brother in law is a Gooner, and he is baffled by all this. He rates Cabaye but says he's not what they need. He reckons Wenger is losing the plot and doesn't have any real idea what the team needs which isn't "another creative playmaker type" (his words).

He'll not go for anything less than 15m, although this will no doubt unsettle him. NUFC or Arsenal? Pardew or Wenger? Pissy streets of Newcastle or golden streets of London?

Hard choice...

NUFCfans ‏@nufcfans 1m

He might have removed himself from the squad?

As others have said, we wouldn't hesitate to do the same.

Aye, we're cunts too. Doesn't make it less annoying.