Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Surely if Arsenal were serious they would have increased their offer by now ?

They won comfortably midweek, and we have no intentions of replacing him. Both clubs will be happy to wait.

They won comfortably midweek, and we have no intentions of replacing him. Both clubs will be happy to wait.

Yea but to be fair Fenerbache aren't as good as their reputation would suggest.

That being said though I think Arsenal fans have really blown their situation out of proportion

That being said though I think Arsenal fans have really blown their situation out of proportion

They're certainly no West Ham like. :thup:

After the game against Villa it was a worry though. A fair few here wrote Arsenal off against Fener, the pressure was definitely there. It wasn't an easy trip at all.

After the game against Villa it was a worry though. A fair few here wrote Arsenal off against Fener, the pressure was definitely there. It wasn't an easy trip at all.

I agree it wasn't easy given the speculation and pressure they were facing but if we look at the likes of Emre and Meirelles are way past their best imo.

I think the way this club has conducted business in the past under Ashley, I'm more than willing to give Cabaye the benefit of the doubt and say he was asked not to play incase he picked up an injury and it scuppered a lucrative move.

I won't judge the player either until we know (if ever) the true facts.  He has always been praised as a model professional up until now.

Also, most of our players leave under a cloud and I think that is often engineered by the hierarchy to deflect any criticism.

I just think they're very shady and Cabaye hasn't been a pick of bother his whole career. I won't hate him for having ambition, I will hate the owner and those he's chose to run the club for not having matching ambitions however.

Pardew still pissed off about this in the programme notes today apparently.

Hey Alan, you might want to look at our own recruitment methods.

So true BUT we all know its not how he would want us to behave in the transfer window. He is to blame for many things but our utter shit transfer actions is not one of them.

Guest Phil K

Revolted by Cabaye's tantrum throwing

Stick him in reserves and leave him to rot.

His behaviour means no going back

But NOT to Arsenal after their despicable way of doing this. Cheapskate b*st*rds

.....but our utter s*** transfer actions is not one of them.

Nope, thats Kinnear's incompetence that is.

BUT - remember it was Pardew alone who wanted Obertan.

That says it all about HIS ability (or rather lack of it)

Are people on the wind up in here? Do some really believe this is all down to Cabaye? If so we really have some gullible fans.

Pardew has been quite blatantly trying to drum up interest in him all summer with his interviews. Then as soon as we get a bid we wrap him in cotton wool just incase he gets injured and we miss out on that lovely money.

Are people on the wind up in here? Do some really believe this is all down to Cabaye? If so we really have some gullible fans.

Pardew has been quite blatantly trying to drum up interest in him all summer with his interviews. Then as soon as we get a bid we wrap him in cotton wool just incase he gets injured and we miss out on that lovely money.

This.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew also said Cabaye wanted out before he was drumming up interest. Unless you know the full story its more gullable to blindly assume its all the club and not anything else. Its more likely theres a combination of both.