Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Cabaye should just put out a statement at this stage stating what his intentions are.

Assuming the club have told the Chronicle this, I would imagine he'll want to have his say quite soon. Pretty strong allegation.

Guest bimpy474

Cabaye should just put out a statement at this stage stating what his intentions are.

Assuming the club have told the Chronicle this, I would imagine he'll want to have his say quite soon. Pretty strong allegation.

Unless it's true of course.

That's what i thought as well.

Interesting timing too, I wonder if anything would have been said if we'd have won today?

Which it is, let's be honest.

Why would he refuse to play?

Are we in a situation where Cabaye thinks that the Arsenal offer was fair and has downed tools in protest?

Why would he refuse to play?

Are we in a situation where Cabaye thinks that the Arsenal offer was fair and has downed tools in protest?

And what makes you think that Cabaye gives a shit about what we receive?

I still think he'd want to clarify his position. It looks terrible to prospective buyers for a start.

This could have been our captain this year.

Our actual captain tried his very best to bugger off in the last window. The club's recruitment policy looks an even bigger farce if these 'men' are the ones displaying the strongest leadership qualities.

It's time people stopped thinking of players as 'heroes'. They are employees. 99.99% of them would leave for more money, a club playing in Europe, a club in a country/part of a country they'd like to live, etc.

Nobody sang "Don't sell Cabaye" today at the match. With hindsight it's a shame we didn't sell him before the start of last season going by how he performed last season.

Yes they did.

Our actual captain tried his very best to bugger off in the last window. The club's recruitment policy looks an even bigger farce if these 'men' are the ones displaying the strongest leadership qualities.

Exactly. There isn't 1 player in this squad I'd want leading us out in a friendly never mind a cup final.

I'm not trying to defend Cabaye here before im jumped on but...

He was told when we he signed we'd be:

Playing attractive football

challenging for europe

We haven't kept our end of the bargain so why would he keep his?

If he's refusing to play then the club should be refusing to pay him imo. It's a big 'if' though as we know the spin and lies that come out of this club.

Suppose it's beyond the realms of possibility for him to submit a transfer request if he's that unhappy though? Thought not...:neutral:

challenging for europe

If we're playing that game, we managed at least one of the two in his first season and he repaid us with absolute gutless garbage last campaign.

challenging for europe

If we're playing that game, we managed at least one of the two in his first season and he repaid us with absolute gutless garbage last campaign.

As did every other player mate.

I'm not sure if I buy him refusing to play. Again, I'm mindful that the club has lied in the past and will do so again, when it suits. What would make things interesting if a denial comes out from Cabaye over the next few days - unless he has been gagged in order to move.

Desperate times once again. :( So glad I don't put money into this club anymore.

Pardew said: 'The situation is quite simple - we need to resolve the situation. We need to get ourselves in a position where if he stays, great, and if doesn't stay we need to get someone equally as good.'

Sounds simple.

Andy Hughes @SkyAndyHughes:

#NUFC source tells me Cabaye didn't refuse to play today. Told club didn't want to play him in case he gets injured and sale falls through

#NUFC source tells me Cabaye didn't refuse to play today. Told club didn't want to play him in case he gets injured and sale falls through

North East Media doing clubs dirty work for it once again?

North East Media doing clubs dirty work for it once again?

Well would that not be the opposite of what you're suggesting, then? Seeing as it's putting blame on the club?

Thinks he's meaning the chronicle etc