Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I'd question anything that comes from the club at the moment.  But I suppose there's nothing stopping Cabaye from denying this.  IF he has refused to play, we should just stop paying him.  At some point he'll either be sold for the kind of money we're after, or he'll give up himself when the cash dries up.  At the end of the day its a world cup year and he's on a reasonably long contract.  We dont have to bow down to his bullshit.

I've been called elsewhere for giving my thoughts on Cabaye - Ashley ordering him not to be played, etc and have been derided for it. If what Sky are saying has an ounce of truth in it, is anyone genuinely surprised? This club lies to supporters when it suits - it's admitted doing it before and it will do again.

Don't fall for the lies, fellas - because Pardew is becoming as bad as Kinnear.

I've been called elsewhere for giving my thoughts on Cabaye - Ashley ordering him not to be played, etc and have been derided for it. If what Sky are saying has an ounce of truth in it, is anyone genuinely surprised? This club lies to supporters when it suits - it's admitted doing it before and it will do again.

so does every football club in the world don't delude yourself that its any other way.

my opinion however I base off the who benefits line of logic, who benefits from Cabaye not playing? Ashley? not really if anything it hurts the clubs bargaining position on Cabaye as Arsenal can play the he doesn't want to be at your club line and are you really going to put up with a want away player lines to lower the price.

Cabaye benefits if it forces us to sell him if he has said fuck that I'm not playing because I want to go to Arsenal in the hopes it will force us to sell him which nets him champions league football and a nice increase in his wage packet-he doesn't give half a shit about how much we get as a club.

so does every football club in the world don't delude yourself that its any other way.

my opinion however I base off the who benefits line of logic, who benefits from Cabaye not playing? Ashley? not really if anything it hurts the clubs bargaining position on Cabaye as Arsenal can play the he doesn't want to be at your club line and are you really going to put up with a want away player lines to lower the price.

Cabaye benefits if it forces us to sell him if he has said fuck that I'm not playing because I want to go to Arsenal in the hopes it will force us to sell him which nets him champions league football and a nice increase in his wage packet-he doesn't give half a shit about how much we get as a club.

IF Ashley wants him sold and not to play, then that's what will happen (and is happening) Even if we get £15million for Cabaye, Ashley has made £10million profit. That's his reasoning right there.

IF Ashley wants him sold and not to play, then that's what will happen (and is happening) Even if we get £15million for Cabaye, Ashley has made £10million profit. That's his reasoning right there.

while he wants £20m

Really quite sad all this. Going from when we signed him, the optimism from both ourselves and the player was amazing. Now look at the state of us. Christ.

Yeah, doesn't seem that long ago. Remember being genuinely excited that night as were many others. Seemed a perfect fit at the time.

Seems it only took a year for his disillusion to set in though.

Realise we may only be seen as stepping stone, but you wonder what on earth our better players think of this current regime.

Must be dispiriting for them to say the least.

Guest bimpy474

Really quite sad all this. Going from when we signed him, the optimism from both ourselves and the player was amazing. Now look at the state of us. Christ.

Yeah, doesn't seem that long ago. Remember being genuinely excited that night as were many others. Seemed a perfect fit at the time.

Realise we may only be seen as stepping stone, but you wonder what on earth our better players think of this current regime.

Why ?

Why ?

Why not?

Guest bimpy474

Why ?

Why not?

Fair enough.

I'm not claiming I know whats happening or laying all the blame at Cabayes door at the moment.  But jdckelly makes some good points and your response doesnt deal with any of them.

It makes sense that Cabaye is a less valuable asset to the club if he's involved in a public fued with it.  So why create a false fued and devalue your own player?  Because we'll make a profit anyway isnt a reasonabe argument.  We'll want as much as possible for him and to get as much as possible requires a strong bargaining position.

There's also the question of why would Cabaye not speak out if he didnt refuse to play.  I suppose we'll see if he does.

Yeah amazing he agreed to play 90 minutes of Football for his weekly £45,000 wage for a long as he did.  What a tortured sole.. 

Seriously get a fucking grip.  I can understand why he wouldnt want to play under Pardew.  But he signed a very lucrative contract of which there are 3 yeara remaining, asking to leave is fine, refusing to play isnt.

Yeah definitely the right thing to do, refusing to play 90 minutes of Football for his weekly £45,000 wage, totally justified the poor lad.

Seriously get a fucking grip

I'm not claiming I know whats happening or laying all the blame at Cabayes door at the moment.

:serious:

Amazed anyone could be devastated, tbh. He was a big upgrade on Nolan as a footballer but next to some of the CMs we've had over the past 15 years he's not fit to lick their underpants. He's one of the better players of an underwhelming squad with a reputation that outweighs his actual effectiveness.

Enlighten me which midfielders you're talking about.

Count me in. Preferably if you could go a bit outside of the box and count out Speed and Lee.

Is this a joke? Batty, Pedro, Speed, Hamann, Lee, Dyer and Parker were all more effective PL players.

Besides that fact it´s over 15 years since Pedro and Batty played for us, I would find it very hard to agree that Cabaye is not fit to lick Hamann, Dyer and Parkers underpants :lol:

Moving on then.

Over 15 years since Pedro and Batty? In your little world, perhaps. Pedro left in 97/98, Batty a year later.

Pedro left in august 97 which is exactly 16 years ago, no?

Batty left december 98, so still a few months until the 15 year mark, I'll give you that. :lol:

Time flies Ron!  :undecided:

Amazed anyone could be devastated, tbh. He was a big upgrade on Nolan as a footballer but next to some of the CMs we've had over the past 15 years he's not fit to lick their underpants. He's one of the better players of an underwhelming squad with a reputation that outweighs his actual effectiveness.

Count me in. Preferably if you could go a bit outside of the box and count out Speed and Lee.

Is this a joke? Batty, Pedro, Speed, Hamann, Lee, Dyer and Parker were all more effective PL players.

Besides that fact it´s over 15 years since Pedro and Batty played for us, I would find it very hard to agree that Cabaye is not fit to lick Hamann, Dyer and Parkers underpants :lol:

Moving on then.

Over 15 years since Pedro and Batty? In your little world, perhaps. Pedro left in 97/98, Batty a year later.

Batty left december 98, so still a few months until the 15 year mark, I'll give you that. :lol:

It does. And I miss them all, mate. 2013 NUFC is shit.

It's 20 years this coming Thursday since I went to my first PL game. If I'd been born 20 years later and this was my footballing introduction I'd probably have picked a different sport. Maybe Rugby - and turned out gay. Imagine that shit.

Ambitious player in a club with zero ambition. What the f*** do you expect to happen?

I expect he honoured his contract and give some respect to the fans to play 90 mins out there.

Yeah definitely the right thing to do, refusing to play 90 minutes of Football for his weekly £45,000 wage, totally justified the poor lad.

Seriously get a fucking grip

I'm not claiming I know whats happening or laying all the blame at Cabayes door at the moment.

:serious:

I dont know, but I have my opinion and your post seemed very much like a case of ''dont blame Cabaye no matter what because he's too good for us''.  Answer this then, if he is refusing to play will you still back him because ''he deserves better''?

If he's refusing to play, he needs to be sent to train with the reserved and we should stop paying him. Such behavior is unheard of, or usually reserved for the Carlos Tevezes of the world.

If the club is lying about this though, then it wouldn't surprise me a bit and I would welcome him back into the side.

Maybe the success in hawking Carroll around (according to Redknapp etc.) and still getting a big fee has got Ashiey thinking we can do the same here. It looks like its going to come down to a game of chicken on deadline day. If they hold out, Arsenal may yet get him for their original bid.

Cabaye's energy level was bad enough in the 0-6 against the Scousers last season, so I dread to think what we'd get out of him were he to stay after the way we've handled this situation. France seem to think there is an AM in there, but getting it out of him is clearly beyond Pardew. He doesn't seem disciplined or defensively strong enough to double up in some DM plus deep lying playmaker type role.

Even in the best case situation here, getting 20M for Cabaye on deadline day will not be a success because all we'll get to hear of is failed last-minute bids.

Moving on then.

It's 20 years this coming Thursday since I went to my first PL game. If I'd been born 20 years later and this was my footballing introduction I'd probably have picked a different sport. Maybe Rugby - and turned out gay. Imagine that shit.

My Mrs is due in a couple of weeks. Do I subject this innocent child to NUFC?

Moving on then.

My Mrs is due in a couple of weeks. Do I subject this innocent child to NUFC?

Why not? By the time he/she's old enough to understand, this current regime should have fucked off (Hopefully)