Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

We will NEVER know the truth, the media will speculate day after day about this, when really the interesting news will be his fee if sold or what happens if he stays as our asking price is not met.

For now though its more exciting for all media to keep our circus making headlines for them, NON of them give a flying fuck about this club and that includes Ryder.

Andy Hughes @SkyAndyHughes:

#NUFC source tells me Cabaye didn't refuse to play today. Told club didn't want to play him in case he gets injured and sale falls through

Pretty daft tactic then as it shows Arsenal we are almost gagging to sell. No wonder they didn't bother increasing their bid.

#NUFC source tells me Cabaye didn't refuse to play today. Told club didn't want to play him in case he gets injured and sale falls through

North East Media doing clubs dirty work for it once again?

Well would that not be the opposite of what you're suggesting, then? Seeing as it's putting blame on the club?

I thought the reporter was sky sports not sky north east tbh.

Devastated he's leaving us.I know he was poor last season but he is an excellent player when used correctly

Aye. He's not been amazing every match but he's clearly talented and we'll be worse off without him.

Good player on his day but that was all too rare last season and this season shaping up in a similar vein.

Besides which, cannot be arsed with players who don't want to play for us.

Pretty daft tactic then as it shows Arsenal we are almost gagging to sell. No wonder they didn't bother increasing their bid.

It just shows them hes available at the right price to keep bids coming in. Playing him might make clubs think we actually want to keep the lad, that doesnt help encourage bids.

If we're willing to reinvest the money in a striker be a left winger I'd sell him tbh. Anita and Sissoko has the makings of a nice pairing in CM while we're woeful up front and out wide.

Sad to see him go, but honestly can't begrudge any of our players wanting out when a real football club shows interest.

Good player on his day but that was all too rare last season and this season shaping up in a similar vein.

Besides which, cannot be arsed with players who don't want to play for us.

Huh?

If we're willing to reinvest the money in a striker be a left winger I'd sell him tbh. Anita and Sissoko has the makings of a nice pairing in CM while we're woeful up front and out wide.

Sad to see him go, but honestly can't begrudge any of our players wanting out when a real football club shows interest.

:thup: I guess I'm a bit unhappy about it but not that unhappy tbh.  As soon as I heard about the Arsenal bid I thought I'd go if I was him.  Grim.

Amazed anyone could be devastated, tbh. He was a big upgrade on Nolan as a footballer but next to some of the CMs we've had over the past 15 years he's not fit to lick their underpants. He's one of the better players of an underwhelming squad with a reputation that outweighs his actual effectiveness.

Think he would had handed in a transfer request before he downed tools.

We know Pardew and Co. would not had hesitated to divulged had a request been submitted.

players they don't do that anymore, costs them a fair wad of cash

The rage at the player. :lol:

You lot never learn.

Do you think its fine for him to refuse to play (if it is true)?

I think the club have been like a market trader all summer trying to get rid of him and I think they create a smear campaign whenever a player leaves to make them look hard done to.

Spot on, he's still a cunt though regardless, he proved that last season he's just got an easy out.

Amazed anyone could be devastated, tbh. He was a big upgrade on Nolan as a footballer but next to some of the CMs we've had over the past 15 years he's not fit to lick their underpants. He's one of the better players of an underwhelming squad with a reputation that outweighs his actual effectiveness.

:lol:

Enlighten me which midfielders you're talking about.

You can't compare Cabaye to someone like Rob Lee but he is the best we have had in several years. Just hope we get it settled ASAP but knowing this lot it will drag and drag until we get what we want which might be over £20m. Only desperate clubs on deadline day might be tempted at the figure we want meaning we could get stuck with an unhappy and probably unpopular player. Ashley won't care about the timing though - water off a duck's arse to him as someone memorably said.

Think he would had handed in a transfer request before he downed tools.

We know Pardew and Co. would not had hesitated to divulged had a request been submitted.

players they don't do that anymore, costs them a fair wad of cash

They still do that.  Didn't Benteke hand in a transfer request?  He ended up getting a pay rise with a new contract, cost him nothing.

This has evolved into the kind of situation that Ashley loves to exploit.  Disaffected player who is either refusing to play or is being stopped from playing showing that a problem exists within the club.  Ashley would be hanging in there monitoring the situation in the hope of getting the player for a knock down price in a take it or leave it offer.

Arsenal won't pay anything like what Ashley wants especially for a player they don't particularly need. 

If the club is preventing Cabaye from playing then and then trying to say he is the one refusing to play, it could cause upset amongst the other players.  It happened with Carroll when other players were angry about how the events of that day played out and Enrique used it as a reason to leave.

Aye coz he backed down. Players don't get a 'loyalty bonus' they are due if the hand in a transfer request

We all know that.  But they would increase their chance of a move if they hand in a request much like Benteke did.  Lucky for Villa they managed the courtesy of granting him a new lucrative contract to convince him to stay. 

If Cabaye really is that desperate as 'downing tools.'  I won't be surprised at all if he eventually puts in the request.

This has evolved into the kind of situation that Ashley loves to exploit.  Disaffected player who is either refusing to play or is being stopped from playing showing that a problem exists within the club.  Ashley would be hanging in there monitoring the situation in the hope of getting the player for a knock down price in a take it or leave it offer.

Arsenal won't pay anything like what Ashley wants especially for a player they don't particularly need.

If the club is preventing Cabaye from playing then and then trying to say he is the one refusing to play, it could cause upset amongst the other players.  It happened with Carroll when other players were angry about how the events of that day played out and Enrique used it as a reason to leave.

Depends how much the fans demand transfers. Ashley probably see's arsenal with lots of money & a time limit/pressure to use it, they've recognised Cabaye as one place to spend & he'll be relying on that pressure increasing as the days go.

Depends how much the fans demand transfers. Ashley probably see's arsenal with lots of money & a time limit/pressure to use it, they've recognised Cabaye as one place to spend & he'll be relying on that pressure increasing as the days go.

thing is though is they really don't need him, Wilshire, Ramsey, Cazorla, and Rosicky for the more creative positions, Arteta and soon enough Flamini for the more defensive position in their side. So why in gods name would they spend in or around £20m for him when there is other positions they do actually need players for.