Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

It's a game of brinksmanship.  Arsenal let the deal lie for a while to see if the player kicks up a fuss and we agree to sell, we wlet the offer lie/refuse it, to see if they either up their offer or someone else comes in with more money.  With being so close to the door absolutely slamming shut, it's a case of who holds their nerve the longest.  (which will be us as we don't want to spend it anyway).

I'd go along with that to an extent. But you'll also risk a bidding war and the price could rocket like it did with Carroll. If Arsenal had started at £10mil last sunday they could have thrashed a deal out and probably got Cabaye last sunday evening for £14mil. As it stands now they're quite likely to pay more or possibly lose him to PSG for an even higher fee.

Do people honestly still give a shit? I'm almost relieved that I don't have the energy.

Not really. If we sell him we'll get decent money and that might get spent on areas in more urgent need of strengthening. If we keep him, he'll sulk for a bit then get back to playing, if only for his world cup place in the summer. Really couldn't give a flying fuck about this one.

If he has refused to play why haven't we fined him?

I think the article that said it's a mutual agreement between the club and player is spot on. He wants to join Arsenal BUT equally the club want to cash in on him so it suits both parties for him to remain unavailable

Honestly wish Monaco or PSG had come for him earlier in the summer, threw some outlandish cash out and he left so I'd have a better feeling about him - was a player who was one of my favorites for us and now that positive feeling is dwindling by the day/week. Shame. 

Every car i've ever bought, the haggling over the price has taken no longer than 5 minutes. How come a footballer can take weeks to sell?

Worst analogy ever. :lol:

Not really. You know before you enquire what you think the thing is worth, and what you're prepared to pay, which is exactly the same as the situation Arsenal are in.

The car doesn't have to make a decision on if it would prefer you to drive it or someone else.

Guest Dontooner

Pretty sure the club told him they are trying to sell him. They are probably working together to move the transfer along.

Kinnear's job is to sell players and not buy any......he will deflect all the blame from Ashely

Pretty sure the club told him they are trying to sell him. They are probably working together to move the transfer along.

Kinnear's job is to sell players and not buy any......he will deflect all the blame from Ashely

He would need to be the best blame deflector ever.

Guest Dontooner

He would need to be the best blame deflector ever.

He is definitely trying and not shying

Rooney showed last night what a good pro does in the situation that Cabaye finds himself in. Get out on the pitch and work your bollocks off for the club and the fans who pay your exorbitant wages.

Pardew should be making it clear that Cabaye's behaviour is totally unacceptable, and that the club will be fining the whinging little scrote, irrespective of whether he stays or not.

To not take strong action will set a dangerous precedent, which is not what we need when we have a squad of mercenaries who must be thinking why they came here following another piss poor transfer window and start to the season.

We've not got the character of a Nolan or Barton to knock the dressing room into shape this season. Poor discipline will only accelerate our slide downwards.

Guest Dontooner

I hope no one bids for him, so he can rot in the reserves and kiss the world cup goodbye

Even if its for 10 mil quid , the club will sell him...Cabaye is just the start of the better players leaving. (Will be sad to see HBA leave one day)

Only hope would be for the scouting network to buy wisely every season.