Yohan Cabaye retires

Well he shouldn't have left the French champions for a mid-table Premier League team, then.

:thup:

Didn't bother him when a nice pay increase was likely to be on the table in front of him.

Who wouldn't want a payrise? He was also offered passing football IIRC.

He'll (Ashley or Cabaye?) wait until the world cup is over, and depending on the type of performances he has put in we'll (sorry... FCB) will get loads for him and he will get the champions league team he is yearning for...

Can't see anything else happening unless we miracoulously make 4th place ;)

probably this unless Man Utd or someone go insane and desperate in jan and offer stupidly large amounts around obviously.

We are just a stepping stone, obviously

We all foresaw this happening but there's only Ashley to blame. Anita has been fantastic this season and will fill the gap but we'll no doubt get a replacement, although they'll have big shoes to fill. Hopefully Debuchy doesn't follow him out.

Yeah, f*** you Ashley. A normal owner would have given Cabaye the Champions League football he came here for.

:anguish:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/anguish.gif

We all foresaw this happening but there's only Ashley to blame. Anita has been fantastic this season and will fill the gap but we'll no doubt get a replacement, although they'll have big shoes to fill. Hopefully Debuchy doesn't follow him out.

Yeah, fuck you Ashley. A normal owner would have given Cabaye the Champions League football he came here for.

Ya kna worramean!

He was a coup signing and we hoped Mike would build on our success when we were doing well but it never really happened. If I was in Yocabs position I'd be keeping my options open, as we all would :)

Well he shouldn't have left the French champions for a mid-table Premier League team, then.

Didn't bother him when a nice pay increase was likely to be on the table in front of him.

Very few people and he'll get another if he gets his move to a CL club.

You can't leave a CL bound club for one that has little chance of qualifying and then declare you miss the CL as a result though, the daft kernt.

Yeah, fuck you Ashley. A normal owner would have given Cabaye the Champions League football he came here for.

Ya kna worramean!

He was a coup signing and we hoped Mike would build on our success when we were doing well but it never really happened. If I was in Yocabs position I'd be keeping my options open, as we all would :)

Would you bollocks. You'd play for the toon and pipe the ferk doon. :D

Very few people and he'll get another if he gets his move to a CL club.

You can't leave a CL bound club for one that has little chance of qualifying and then declare you miss the CL as a result though, the daft kernt.

It's been a good few years though. As in, he didn't leave a CL club then immediately say "wish I was in the CL".

As it happens, his next move will likely be better pay and have CL. :dontknow: Got no major problem with him myself, anyway. Always applied himself (as Ba did) other than earlier in the season when he was AWOL, though I suspect we'll never hear the real truth as to what happened there (as he later alluded to).

Anita's a good player but he's no Cabaye. We are already lacking creative players as it stands and letting Cabaye go without a similar replacement will exacerbate the problem.

I really like Anita but he's not the guy you want rely upon in the final third.

Personally I'd push the boat out for Hughes in January before Liverpool does.

Like f*ck Ashley will do that though.

I'd love us to add Hughes, even if it's a costly price gamble. It's the only way we will move forward as a club is if we take the odd gamble and pick up the next big stars. Spurs did it with Bale, Arsenal have done it with Ramsey, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain etc. - Ashley will be far too short sighted to go for Hughes though.