Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I wish Cabaye good luck at his new club ; I believe he came to NUFC with every intention of giving of his best and being a part of a successful side going places, hence his persuasion of Debuchy to join us before last season.

The fact that we only signed Anita and baulked at paying a decent fee for Debuchy after we finished 5th has no doubt caused him to realise that NUFC has no intention of trying to be a top club so at his age, he needs to move on to play CL football and he is quite right.

We have seen some great goals from him and nobody should begrudge him this move....the club are more to blame for it than he is in my view.

It was a financial/profile raising decision to come to the Premier League.  Nothing to do with wanting to play in the CL.  He left a club that was set to play CL football to come to us in the first place.

Why am I not surprised at this post...? You basically follow the club line every time.

Did it not cross your mind that he left a CL club because he thought we maybe had more potential..? No, just say he's a greedy c--- and that gets Ashley & Co nicely off the hook.

Keep that 'Happy Face'....you'll need it....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9139833/

PSG set to to unveil Yohan Cabaye at Wednesday press conference

Paris St Germain are set to confirm the signing of Yohan Cabaye from Newcastle at a press conference on Wednesday evening.

The France midfielder, 28, will seal a return to his homeland in a £20m deal having already passed a medical with the Ligue 1 giants.

Cabaye arrived at Newcastle from Lille in the summer of 2011 for around £4.3m and has been a mainstay of the Magpies midfield since - netting 17 goals in 79 appearances for the club.

One player who will not be joining the galaxy of stars in Paris is Barcelona winger Lionel Messi.

PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi told L'Equipe: "If we didn't have any limit, we'd bring in Messi. If Messi isn't coming to Paris, it's because some limits really exist."

Feel free to tune in if you hate yourself.

Guest firetotheworks

Slightly over it now despite really liking him as a footballer and a beautiful man. It does make it slightly easier that he's not going to a team in England. I'd have hated that.

Brilliant footballer though, only behind Lee and Speed as my favourite midfielder for us.