Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I wish Cabaye good luck at his new club ; I believe he came to NUFC with every intention of giving of his best and being a part of a successful side going places, hence his persuasion of Debuchy to join us before last season.

The fact that we only signed Anita and baulked at paying a decent fee for Debuchy after we finished 5th has no doubt caused him to realise that NUFC has no intention of trying to be a top club so at his age, he needs to move on to play CL football and he is quite right.

We have seen some great goals from him and nobody should begrudge him this move....the club are more to blame for it than he is in my view.

It was a financial/profile raising decision to come to the Premier League.  Nothing to do with wanting to play in the CL.  He left a club that was set to play CL football to come to us in the first place.

Correct.

@LaurensJulien: Btw, since Joe Kinnear called him "Kebab",Yohan Cabaye never heard from him. No apologies, no phone call, no text, no face to    face meeting.  :anguish:

Shit stirrer (not you).

I wish Cabaye good luck at his new club ; I believe he came to NUFC with every intention of giving of his best and being a part of a successful side going places, hence his persuasion of Debuchy to join us before last season.

The fact that we only signed Anita and baulked at paying a decent fee for Debuchy after we finished 5th has no doubt caused him to realise that NUFC has no intention of trying to be a top club so at his age, he needs to move on to play CL football and he is quite right.

We have seen some great goals from him and nobody should begrudge him this move....the club are more to blame for it than he is in my view.

It was a financial/profile raising decision to come to the Premier League.  Nothing to do with wanting to play in the CL.  He left a club that was set to play CL football to come to us in the first place.

Correct.

dont quite agree with the initial post - we signed debuchy AFTER the anita summer and in the middle of a relegation fight so i dont think it was our ambition which attracted the likes of debuchy.

Guest neesy111

@LaurensJulien: Btw, since Joe Kinnear called him "Kebab",Yohan Cabaye never heard from him. No apologies, no phone call, no text, no face to    face meeting.  :anguish:

Surely that's a good thing.

An apology wouldn't have gone amiss IMO

Not sure about that, I'm sure I've heard Cabaye say something about only him and kinnear know what went on over the failed arsenal transfer.