Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Superb player. Feel very lucky to have had him at NUFC. Wish we had an owner who was in the business of keeping the likes of Cabaye. All the best Dreamboat.

This, pleasure to watch in his time here and I wish him the best for the future. I actually suspect he'll really thrive in the PSG set-up if he gets enough time on the pitch.

Dude looks ridiculously good in his press conference. No homo.

He does looked genuinely sorry to be leaving us but he is 28 and wants Champions League football. Had we showed a tiny bit of ambition to get this club there I am sure he would have stayed.

Think if we have a home game and PSG have a few days where he can get over to watch us he would.

If you find the Marseille game on 'tv'. His press conference is on now. Or at least some of it was.

http://i59.tinypic.com/1z1hhlu.jpg

Been very calm and understanding about this move but that stings like. :(

On the tiny upside.. at least its not an Arsenal, Liverpool or Manure badge up behind him. The distance and quite correct lack of French Football coverage (ie because it really is shit) will make the pain more bearable.

Funny how he left Champions League football with Lille, after winning the title there, as he wanted to play in the Premier League.  Then goes back to Ligue 1 to play Champions League in Paris.

I appreciate that PSG is an "exciting project".  But Ligue 1 is shite.  I know there is Monaco and PSG, but L'OM are pretty poor these days, Lyon have a few good players.  But as a league, terrible.  Some awful teams.

I am convinced that Cabaye would have preferred to stay in England and play for Arsenal or Man U, but PSG was the only offer on the table.

Any ideas what PSG are paying him?  I thought he was on £35-40k per week with us, so I don't suppose it is too difficult for PSG to blow that out of the water.

Don't think I've read one quote of him thanking the fans. 

He did. Also said he'll be supporting us this weekend he said. Mentioned the derby and all.

Think he wanted an individual mention :)

Didnt you get one? Listen again to the presser, at 04:42....

"And to 'bhoywhonder' in the Leazes, thank you for you're continued shouting of 'Get it past ze first man for f*cks sake' at my corners.....you think I did not hear you? I heard you. I heard you *whispers* every time mon ami"

Funny how he left Champions League football with Lille, after winning the title there, as he wanted to play in the Premier League.  Then goes back to Ligue 1 to play Champions League in Paris.

I appreciate that PSG is an "exciting project".  But Ligue 1 is s****.  I know there is Monaco and PSG, but L'OM are pretty poor these days, Lyon have a few good players.  But as a league, terrible.  Some awful teams.

I am convinced that Cabaye would have preferred to stay in England and play for Arsenal or Man U, but PSG was the only offer on the table.

Any ideas what PSG are paying him?  I thought he was on £35-40k per week with us, so I don't suppose it is too difficult for PSG to blow that out of the water.

Been here 2 and a half years, enough time to bank some decent coin if you just eat Aldi beans.

Goodbye Yohan. You will be sorely missed, thanks for all the memories! :icon_salut: :sad:

This is gutting news, this is a player we should have built our team around but unfortunately as long as we are owned by that fat c*** (and to some extent managed by the egotistic idiot), we'll never be a side challenging for honours. I have no ill feelings towards Cabaye for deciding to leave, he is going to be better off with a club that can match his ambitions. Wish we could have given him a proper goodbye but alas that's football.

All the best Yohan, I shall admire you when you're playing in Brazil this summer.

Gutted he's gone but actually a bit relieved it's not at EPL club as it would be painful to see him play well for another club in our league. All the best of luck to him, will always be one of my favorite players in recent times.

I appreciate that PSG is an "exciting project".  But Ligue 1 is s****.  I know there is Monaco and PSG, but L'OM are pretty poor these days, Lyon have a few good players.  But as a league, terrible.  Some awful teams.

Think he only left cause he realised the lack lacked ANY ambitions.  JK joing probably didn't help matters.

Au Revoir Sweet Prince

Dont think it's really sunk in yet to be honest although I feel pretty damn gutted so maybe it has.

We'll never see the Dreamboat in a black & white shirt again. :'(

Classy player who I really enjoyed watching and really added quality to our team, something we're going to miss very badly if we don't get a replacement.

Great vision, superb long range passing with not only an eye for a strike, but could finish them with aplomb as well.

Even liked that he had a slight nasty streak in him and wasn't afraid to leave the foot in at times, sometimes you need that in a team.

All the very best Yo Cabs, I hope you enjoyed your time here and much as we enjoyed watching you :thup:

Gutted  :weep:

PSG is a stop for him, IMO. Look good passing the ball to Zlatan, locked into the French side playing for a massive French team, then he can get a decent move to London in two years.

Joke's on him when he ends up at Palace. :lol:

PSG is a stop for him, IMO. Look good passing the ball to Zlatan, locked into the French side playing for a massive French team, then he can get a decent move to London in two years.

:lol: Pretty sure the joke will still be on us.

:lol: Pretty sure the joke will still be on us.

yeah :okay:

Guest Howaythetoon

I hope he fucking bombs and his career amounts to nowt. Me, bitter? You bet. He, Ashley, football, the lot can do one for me. All I care about is that badge.