Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Bert Shaft

The crux of the matter is still this, our billionaire owner is more interested in putting a few million quid more into his own  back pocket than he is in showing any ambition for the cluband its fans by trying to win a trophy for himself and for the fans of the club as the lily livered capitulation against a sh*t Cardiff team  in the cup showed.

In fact the fat git don't even wanna finish in a European place because it might make him actually have to spend a tiny fraction of his vast fortune .

f***  the greedy fat c*nt Mike Ashley, is he somehow  under the impression that he can take all of this money "with him".

And whilst we are at it, f*ck Alan Pardew ànarl.

This greasy slimy mouthpiece for Ashley is the biggest two faced charlatan ever to set foot through the gates and  doors  of St James. This c*ntflap has done nothing but tout our best players to the highest bidder since day one, then he has the gall to sit in front of the cameras acting all hard done by. What a complete and utter c*nt.

That is all. :-D

I think a lot of you are overestimating Cabaye's value. 20m seems reasonable to me. If I were the buying club I don't think I could have justified much more than that.

And the comparisons with Mata...  :lol:

I'd agree with other clubs but to us he was the guy the entire team and set up was should have been built around

This would have required a modicum of ambition sadly. The limit of our ambition is simply to stay up whilst spending/investing the absolute minimum year on year on year.

No wonder the fucker wanted out and I don't blame him in the slightest. We're simply a stepping stone to bigger things and we're delighted with that. Make up the numbers, stay away from either end of the division, sell Frenchmen for a lot of money and that's about it.

I think a lot of you are overestimating Cabaye's value. 20m seems reasonable to me. If I were the buying club I don't think I could have justified much more than that.

And the comparisons with Mata...  :lol:

I'd agree with other clubs but to us he was the guy the entire team and set up was built around

Agreed, he was an important player. In a perfect world I would have liked to see him stay. But it's no secret that he misses France, has battled depression while being away. He has expressed his desire to return but been nothing but professional on the pitch. He's found a way back to France with a team willing to offer us a fair price, and who we aren't competing with directly.

Sad to see him go but c'est la vie. No Major complaints. Hopefully we'll eventually sign someone younger and hungrier to replace him. It won't be in the next few days but I don't care about that. It's better the right player than just whoever is available.

I would honestly just move Sissoko (his natural position) central and start Ben Arfa where he was. I could get pretty dire to watch at times but this is the scenario we're left with now when its extremely unlikely we'll get no one in.

HBA does have that magic so he needs to play now.

Just having Ben Arfa on for 90 minutes would make me look forward to watching the match even more than I usually do.

Given his contract status and his unhappiness, it is kinda stupid money.

Inevitable sales, just hope we can get someone in within 4 days

He's got two and half years left on his contract man :lol:

The ball is/was firmly in our court, if we don't play him he doesn't go to the world cup so he would have had no choice but to keep up the same level that he has shown this season.

He has been such a f***ing important player for us since arriving, that's what pisses me off the most about how obvious it has been that Ashley just wants to cash in.

You are overestimating cabayes value then.He is our fucking important player and seems to worth that much because we set up the whole team around him. We could also do the same to hatem and he can play like a 40m player too. It is just like Carroll under Hughton.

Cabaye, as a 28 yrs old player with 2 yrs remaining, worth 15m max to me. You may disagree though

Guest frazernufc

I'd like to see Anita given abit more freedom to sort of fill the void of Cabaye tonight, was getting forward abit against West Ham while we were 2-0 and looked decent, but totally agree we cant use him as Cabayes replacement.

Given his contract status and his unhappiness, it is kinda stupid money.

Inevitable sales, just hope we can get someone in within 4 days

He's got two and half years left on his contract man :lol:

The ball is/was firmly in our court, if we don't play him he doesn't go to the world cup so he would have had no choice but to keep up the same level that he has shown this season.

He has been such a f***ing important player for us since arriving, that's what pisses me off the most about how obvious it has been that Ashley just wants to cash in.

You are overestimating cabayes value then.He is our fucking important player and seems to worth that much because we set up the whole team around him. We could also do the same to hatem and he can play like a 40m player too. It is just like Carroll under Hughton.

Cabaye, as a 28 yrs old player with 2 yrs remaining, worth 15m max to me. You may disagree though

Said it loads of times, but I don't think we would have survived last season without him, and I think we'd be in another relegation battle this year without him. How much is staying in the PL worth again?

I'm happy with this potential price. They had us a little by the balls in the fact that Yohan certainly wanted the move and could buy his contract out for 6m in the summer. PSG look like they have played reasonably fair.

I think what this gives us is a couple of different chances

-  to move Sissoko back into the middle where he belongs, start Anita regularly as he deserves and buy Cabella or likewise to spruce up our wing.

- to sign a more attacking creative player through the middle like Grenier/hughes, with tons of upside.

- for the love of god let this unlikeliest thing happen.... do both and sign Cabella and Grenier.

We don't quite have the balance right now and miss someone of ben arfas quality to run and dribble through the middle and pose that attacking threat. Cabaye is a deep lying playmaker.. if we buy a more attacking mid, can anita step into his shoes to do some of that creativity plus the defensive side with Tiote. I think so.  Could Sissoko come in to toughen up the midfield when we need a tighter game without the liability of an attacking mid. I think so too.

While I'm bummed that Cabaye's leaving, I could almost handle it if it somehow means that we'll see more of Ben Arfa. I know we've been playing well, but it just doesn't seem complete to me with Ben Arfa on the bench game after game. Get rid of Shola and Cisse, and bring in a striker, and I'd be reasonably okay with the team for the 2nd half of the season.

Anita        Tiote/Sissoko

Ben Arfa      Marveaux        Remy/Gouffran

Gouffran/Remy

Don't see how anyone can disagree with that, it's so painfully obvious that it's how we should play.

Bet Ashley is rubbing his hands with glee.  Nice little earner for him. 

I am truly gutted....my favourite player, and our best player by a country mile.  I bet he was also a massive player in he dressing room.  7 points off 4th and we can't even give it a go.  There will never be a season like this...missed opportunity.

Anita        Tiote/Sissoko

Ben Arfa      Marveaux        Remy/Gouffran

Gouffran/Remy

Don't see how anyone can disagree with that, it's so painfully obvious that it's how we should play.

Shola          Remy

Gouffran                                Sissoko

Tiote        Anita

...is what it'll be.