Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Let what go? I thought he was average here and he's been just as average in every single game I've seen him in since. He's not 'gash' as such, but he is in comparison to the ludicrous repuation that he has gathered so it's a suitable tag relatively.

Reminds me of Gareth Barry hype ahead of the World Cup, in a year or 2 time people will be scratching their heads as to why everybody thought he was so good. Steady, mid-table player - nothing more.

+1

I think "Steady, mid-table player" is a tad harsh like, but the hype that surounds the man is just daft.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Maybe but he's getting better with every game and he's only played 5......... I guess that's why people are feeling good about him

He was quality today, he really does cover plenty of ground (would love to see the stats for distance completed)

It makes a nice change to have someone who can comfortably control a ball, so often last season we would see Nolan fail to trap a basic pass BUT it is easy Cabaye

He was quality today, he really does cover plenty of ground (would love to see the stats for distance completed)

It makes a nice change to have someone who can comfortably control a ball, so often last season we would see Nolan fail to trap a basic pass BUT it is easy Cabaye

He covered the most distance on the pitch yesterday with 13,550 yards, second best was Delph with 12,920.

Sínce ive blown my chance of getting a hold of sumit the night i will w*** over the thoufht otf Cabaye

:lol:

Fuck sake

Think i actually might of said "Aye wey you're no Cabaye anyways" whilst getting blown out.

Sínce ive blown my chance of getting a hold of sumit the night i will w*** over the thoufht otf Cabaye

:lol:

Fuck sake

Think i actually might of said "Aye wey you're no Cabaye anyways" whilst getting blown out.

:lol: Get in

Looking at his highlights his passing is superb. Just was fiddling with guardian's chalkboards and compared him to Barton when playing centrally (as i think he was vs sunderland) and while not happy with Barton gone, as a midfield engine Cabaye looks great, Cabaye does 63 successful passes to Barton's 18. Admitably off day for Barton, but Cabaye seems much more involved.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/I4e67tqatg89pfRzSO6q

Looking at his highlights his passing is superb. Just was fiddling with guardian's chalkboards and compared him to Barton when playing centrally (as i think he was vs sunderland) and while not happy with Barton gone, as a midfield engine Cabaye looks great, Cabaye does 63 successful passes to Barton's 18. Admitably off day for Barton, but Cabaye seems much more involved.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/I4e67tqatg89pfRzSO6q

How many passes did Cabaye complete against Sunderland?

You shouln't compare those two games tbh. We were much better as a whole team yesterday compared with the derby.

Why not look at some games where Barton bossed the midfield last season like against Liverpool or Sunderland?