Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Pardew has called him his quarterback so I guess he's designed as a deep lying midfielder, like Ramos at Barca. he's largely going to be deeper than I expected but his tackling is great and he will spark off attacks with great range of passing. We would have conceeded loads more and not scored as many without him, though yes, he does seem to have a great shot in him so would like to see him scoring

Pardew has called him his quarterback so I guess he's designed as a deep lying midfielder, like Ramos at Barca. he's largely going to be deeper than I expected but his tackling is great and he will spark off attacks with great range of passing. We would have conceeded loads more and not scored as many without him, though yes, he does seem to have a great shot in him so would like to see him scoring

Eh?

Is there a chant for this bloke yet?  He's too good and too much of a fans favourite not to have one!

Yes - the old Albert/Robert song.  It was being sung when he was applauding the fans after the match on Sunday.

It was better when he came over shirtless and clapped the Gallowgate after everyone else had left the pitch :aww:

He was out for a good minute or two after everyone else had fucked off, usually S.Taylor's job!  Barton and Beye used to do it as well TBF.

If I can be arsed I'll translate this later, but main points...

http://www.sofoot.com/cabaye-je-ne-pouvais-pas-faire-mieux-a-lille-149014.html

- Before he joined us, he knew we were a much bigger club than recent season's performances suggested, loves the atmosphere, knew he was taking a bit of a gamble stepping out of his comfort zone.

- Was linked with other clubs in the past 2 years but nothing concrete, had the chance to go to Aston Villa but it was dependent on Houllier staying.

- Says he didn't know we'd get Marveaux, like everyone else, he thought he was off to Liverpool.

- Took advice from Sibierski, Rozenhal & Franck Dumas who all told him Newcastle was a big club.

- Says Alan Pardew is very close to his players who wants to play a more European style of football. Said the first question he asked him was did he intend on being a passing team, which Pardew said he did.

- Says everyone is nice to him, and like him because he tries hard. Says it's a different mentality to France and reckons the cold weather will be a bit more harsh than in Lille.

- Feels good here, says his wife is enjoying decorating the house and they intend to visit Scotland at some point.

- Says he hasn't been to the cinema, theatre, etc. here just yet until his English is more fluent.

- Not worried about the tabloids.

- Says he likes going out once in a while, but not every weekend. Says when you join the club, they ask if you're married, have a girlfriend, etc. which helps the club feel more at ease about you.

If I can be arsed I'll translate this later, but main points...

http://www.sofoot.com/cabaye-je-ne-pouvais-pas-faire-mieux-a-lille-149014.html

- Before he joined us, he knew we were a much bigger club than recent season's performances suggested, loves the atmosphere, knew he was taking a bit of a gamble stepping out of his comfort zone.

- Was linked with other clubs in the past 2 years but nothing concrete, had the chance to go to Aston Villa but it was dependent on Houllier staying.

- Says he didn't know we'd get Marveaux, like everyone else, he thought he was off to Liverpool.

- Took advice from Sibierski, Rozenhal & Franck Dumas who all told him Newcastle was a big club.

- Says Alan Pardew is very close to his players who wants to play a more European style of football. Said the first question he asked him was did he intend on being a passing team, which Pardew said he did.

- Says everyone is nice to him, and like him because he tries hard. Says it's a different mentality to France and reckons the cold weather will be a bit more harsh than in Lille.

- Feels good here, says his wife is enjoying decorating the house and they intend to visit Scotland at some point.

- Says he hasn't been to the cinema, theatre, etc. here just yet until his English is more fluent.

- Not worried about the tabloids.

- Says he likes going out once in a while, but not every weekend. Says when you join the club, they ask if you're married, have a girlfriend, etc. which helps the club feel more at ease about you.

Women. :yao:

Thought of a chant this morning, to the tune of Martin Solveig's Hello.

It's simply "It's not gay to love Johan....Cabaye...Johan...Cabaye, woah, ah, oh, oh!"

dont know if that rhymes well enough. decent attempt though