Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Deserves a lot of praise. People go on about him going missing. But fucking hell, he doesn't need to appear if he just keeps spreading those balls around. Class.

:thup: He's great off the ball, imo.

He is. Even if he's not pinging shots in left, right and centre like he was against Villa he's still working really hard for the team, he's a brilliant passer of the ball as well. Forming a brilliant CM partnership with Tiote.

In a few minutes, there will be a report of Cabaye on Canal +, surely will be talking about his new life in NUFC...

What was said?

He's been tremendous so far. And tbf i'm quite satisfied as he's the only player we bought this summer I was a 100% sure would take the league by storm. However I do blame him abit for the first goal as it was his sloppyness leading to the goal. Glad it didn't affect his game though and he went on to have a brilliant game come end of it.

Guest mimifrench

In a few minutes, there will be a report of Cabaye on Canal +, surely will be talking about his new life in NUFC...

What was said?

They showed him with his wife and baby (really cute lol) in the airport, when he was joining Newcastle on Wednesday after being with the French squad.

Cabaye said he was very “urged” to see his team-mates (friends, he called them).

Commentator always saying that his popularity is increasing more and more in France and of course in England.

Cabaye was much chuffed with the international break with France.

After, they showed his (very lush) house, in which he is keeping some photos of his Lille period and they insisted on the fact he received a lot presents from the NUFC fans who have seemingly adopted him quickly.

Then, we saw him back to the training ground, team-mates like Tiote and Obertan asking for how he was with his injury knee. Every body in the club was worrying for him.

Was having a lot of fun with Tiote, they seemed really good friends…

Cabaye explained that Pardew told him he was the “quarterback” of his team. That he relied much on him. That pleased a lot Cabaye, to have a key role in your team. He really appreciates it.

They also show him during the game against Spurs, saying he was quiet in the beginning, frustrating game debut. After, he was great.

Finally, Cabaye said that since about 8-9 years now, he exchanges his shirt with Kaboul (Spurs defender and great friend of him), all the time, after every game he plays against him.

Cabaye really seemed happy to be in Newcastle, obviously no regrets and even more now, when we see your position in the league table… It’s a good lesson to the French who criticised his choice of joining you. 

What was said?

They showed him with his wife and baby (really cute lol) in the airport, when he was joining Newcastle on Wednesday after being with the French squad.

Cabaye said he was very “urged” to see his team-mates (friends, he called them).

Commentator always saying that his popularity is increasing more and more in France and of course in England.

After, they showed his (very lush) house, in which he is keeping some photos of his Lille period and they insisted on the fact he received a lot presents from the NUFC fans who have seemingly adopted him quickly.

Then, we saw him back to the training ground, team-mates like Tiote and Obertan asking for how he was with his injury knee. Every body in the club was worrying for him.

Cabaye explained that Pardew told him he was the “quarterback” of his team. That he relied much on him. That pleased a lot Cabaye, to have a key role in your team. He really appreciates it.

They also show him during the game against Spurs, saying he was quiet in the beginning, frustrating game debut. After, he was great.

Finally, Cabaye said that since about 8-9 years now, he exchanges his shirt with Kaboul (Spurs defender and great friend of him), all the time, after every game he plays against him.

Cabaye really seemed happy to be in Newcastle, obviously no regrets and even more now, when we see your position in the league table… It’s a good lesson to the French who criticised his choice of joining you. 

:aww:

Thanks for that :)

What was said?

awesome , thanks a lot for your hard work , mimi  O0

You know when you are watching a game and you have a completely un-realistic expectation of what the players should do with the ball. Like your winger picks up the ball and you think to yourself "Ok so dribble past three of their players and lay it off to the striker and he can slot it away".

Well when Cabaye picks up the ball, he plays passes that i can't even imagine. I swear at the end of yesterdays game he played a cross field pass to Shola that didn't even exist. In fact, i'm not even sure he looked, he just "pinged" it out to the wing, as if he knew in two seconds time Shola would be standing precisely where he played the ball.

The guy has a shockingly good range of passing that is complimented perfectly with an astute awareness of his team-mates and a fantastic vision. The sort of player that England simply can't seem to produce, apart from Wilshere, but there's a long way to go and he was brought up in the "Arsenal" way.

My only slight critisism is that he doesn't seem the type of player that is going to get many goals, he may score the odd screamer or take penalties this year but i doubt he has the goalscoring instinct to really produce many goals.

Guest mimifrench

I really like that last sentence :smitten:

I reckon it is from me  :lol:, was not in the report but it's what i felt when i saw it.

Nice to have you as a member, giving us nice info :)

Thanks Ikon.

As i already mentioned before, i didn't join your forum to disturb you or something like that, but only to share my passion and some information on the French players particularly with you... Even if some posters doesn't rate my contributions, i do appreciate giving you an "extern" point of view.

What was said?

Class act this bloke like...you wouldn't think hes only had a few games over here, he seems to have settled well.

looking at the work he gets through and reading that he got through something like a third more in the arsenal game than his most energetic game last season for lille...just hope he doesn't burn himself out.

looking at the work he gets through and reading that he got through something like a third more in the arsenal game than his most energetic game last season for lille...just hope he doesn't burn himself out.

Was thinking this yesterday. There's a lot of players who'd like to call themselves "box to box", but few cover as much ground as Cabaye, he is literally everywhere. I hope it doesn't catch up with him later in the season.

You know when you are watching a game and you have a completely un-realistic expectation of what the players should do with the ball. Like your winger picks up the ball and you think to yourself "Ok so dribble past three of their players and lay it off to the striker and he can slot it away".

Well when Cabaye picks up the ball, he plays passes that i can't even imagine. I swear at the end of yesterdays game he played a cross field pass to Shola that didn't even exist. In fact, i'm not even sure he looked, he just "pinged" it out to the wing, as if he knew in two seconds time Shola would be standing precisely where he played the ball.

The guy has a shockingly good range of passing that is complimented perfectly with an astute awareness of his team-mates and a fantastic vision. The sort of player that England simply can't seem to produce, apart from Wilshere, but there's a long way to go and he was brought up in the "Arsenal" way.

My only slight critisism is that he doesn't seem the type of player that is going to get many goals, he may score the odd screamer or take penalties this year but i doubt he has the goalscoring instinct to really produce many goals.

Told my friend Cabaye has to look towards Shola and send the ball there. :snod:

However, no doubt his vision is extraordinary.