Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

If Brighton want Tavernier on loan, I'm more than happy for him to go there. As long as he plays RB though! He can then come back to us in the summer and will hopefully be in a position to compete with Santon for a first team place.

Fixed for the eternal optimists.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Violent conduct charges are a joke like. It's always a three match ban (or more). Remember Williamson got one last season against Bolton for Blocking off Elmander, didn't think that was worthy of a three match ban. 

Guest ykmkmdd

Cabaye had until 6pm on Tuesday evening to respond to the charge. Had he accepted it, he would have been banned for Wednesday night's Premier League trip to Blackburn and the following two games against Aston Villa and Tottenham.

Pardew, who asked to attend the hearing in person to argue his point, is hoping for clemency.

He said: "If we had 18 cameras at every game, you would be sending two or three players off at every set-play because there's contract, trust me, more intended contact than there is with Cabaye's incident.

"I really do think they need to just take a deep breath on this one, have a good luck at it.

"If you asked every Premier League manager about that incident, I would suggest 17 managers would say, 'No way'.

"The three teams we are playing might say yes, it probably should have, but 17 wouldn't. That's my opinion of it."

http://www.football365.com/premier-league/7468408/Cabaye-contests-FA-charge?

I wouldn't mind if the club acted like childish prick over this and in our next press conference do a Kenny and highlight all the un-punished incidents this season.

The only thing it would be a bit cringeworthy but at least it would highlight the inconsistency of the FA and the officials.

I keep on harping on about it but how come nobody has challenged Webb on the Lescott decision? The FA do not charge Lescott as the referee said if he had seen it he wouldn't have reacted any differently. Surely any mug can see that Lescott did Kaboul so why aren't the FA questioning Webb's judgement.

We're not KKKenny though. The club will probably be fined millions of pounds and threatened to be kicked out of the PL for daring to bring the game into 'disrepute' or some bullshit. :lol:

It's a very fair point to bring up, though. It's quite clear that it's whatever the FA gets brought to their attention by the media. And it's a joke that it works like that.

I don't agree one bit with 'no intentional' or any of that s***. He kicked out in anger, if he gets caught he gets caught. I think it's plain to see Cabaye has a bit of a streak in him, I'm not surprised one bit to see it. Not saying he's a dirty player as such, but he clearly wears his heart on his sleeve and dives in a bit over-zealous at times, reacts like he has here without thinking it through properly.

But who exactly is it choosing who gets retrospectively punished? You either go through footage from all games or you don't. Just because one has been publicised more you punish it? It just makes them look like even more of a f***ing joke of an 'association'.

I had very little sympathy with Barton over his recent incident but now I do. The shit that goes un-punished compared to this and the Barton incident is a joke. Why the fuck am I getting so uptight about it I don't know (I actually think Cabaye is in the wrong). Its not even the attitude of 'they are picking on us' as there are other teams being fucked over. Was it last season the incident with Rooney on the Wigan lad? Fuck all done! Why? Yet they get him for a lesser crime when he swore at a camera. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Fuck all football authorities.

This is a disgrace. RVP getting away with his blatant, motivated assault while they charge Le Cab for something he did out of an impulse without even looking?

RVP should've been banned as he clearly looks at the guy, THEN goes in with his elbows up. Seen the replay over and over. Disgusting. Typical prejudice from the FA.

Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye has denied a charge of violent conduct.

Cabaye was charged following an incident in The FA Cup Fourth Round tie against Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday 28 January.

A Regulatory Commission will hear the charge on Wednesday 1 February 2012.

Guest neesy111

Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye has denied a charge of violent conduct.

Cabaye was charged following an incident in The FA Cup Fourth Round tie against Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday 28 January.

A Regulatory Commission will hear the charge on Wednesday 1 February 2012.

Do the FA know we've got a game tomorrow ???

Guest Roger Kint

This is a disgrace. RVP getting away with his blatant, motivated assault while they charge Le Cab for something he did out of an impulse without even looking?

RVP should've been banned as he clearly looks at the guy, THEN goes in with his elbows up. Seen the replay over and over. Disgusting. Typical prejudice from the FA.

RVP had nowt to do with the FA and even less to do with prejudice. Ref said he saw it therefore nothing the FA could do.

The Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye will vigorously contest a Football Association charge of violent conduct – with the help of his alleged victim.

Interesting, will that help his case ?

It could help Cabaye's case yeah but I think he'll still be banned like (it is deserved tbf). Though I reckon Cabaye might actually get a reduced ban (2 games maybe?) instead of the standard 3 match ban.

I'll be shocked if gets overturned. Really just hoping they knock off a game.

Could set a dangerous precedent if they let him off just because of what the opposing player has to say, though maybe this happens relatively often?

I'll be shocked if gets overturned. Really just hoping they knock off a game.

Could set a dangerous precedent if they let him off just because of what the opposing player has to say, though maybe this happens relatively often?

It happened for Rooney.