Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest BooBoo

I thought he was better but that's not exactly high praise.

Still waiting for him to really grab a game by the neck. He's capable of doing it but only rarely produces it.

Oh and please please please stop taking corners. That one in the last minute that went out of play should be the last one he takes.

I thought he was better but that's not exactly high praise.

Still waiting for him to really grab a game by the neck. He's capable of doing it but only rarely produces it.

Oh and please please please stop taking corners. That one in the last minute that went out of play should be the last one he takes.

Sad state of things is that we don't really have anyone better!

Best option is just to get Cabaye to go short to Ben Arfa as we did vs. Spurs.

Guest BooBoo

Bit hard to grab a game by the neck when in every game he is outnumbered in midfield due to poor tactics.

Standard "blame the tactics to excuse poor performance".

If you've got the talent you'll shine whether its 442 or 433 or whatever else. Rooney is a striker yet he played out of position today and bossed it. He did it because he's an excellent footballer.

I'm fed up of folk excusing lame individual performances on the system.

Yeah because it's so easy to boss 4 players at once :lol:

He struggled because it was him and Tiote against 4 players, Rooney excelled because he had 3 players around him at all times.

No coincidence he improved once we put Jonas alongside him and Tiote in the middle.

Gotta love a knee jerk on a sunday afternoon.

Bit hard to grab a game by the neck when in every game he is outnumbered in midfield due to poor tactics.

Standard "blame the tactics to excuse poor performance".

If you've got the talent you'll shine whether its 442 or 433 or whatever else. Rooney is a striker yet he played out of position today and bossed it. He did it because he's an excellent footballer.

I'm fed up of folk excusing lame individual performances on the system.

Damn right.

Sensationalist OTT bollocks.

He has a point, though.

Cabaye's done nothing really so far this season and his set pieces are very poor 100% of the time.

I don't really get this, alright he hits the front man now and again but I'm not sure what more he can do a lot of the time. Every free kick within sixty yards he's told to launch into the box despite the fact we don't have the players for it, and his corners generally go around about the penalty spot.

There's only so much influence the taker has at a corner. The bigger problem is that our players all pose absolutely zero aerial threat, which begs the question why do we work set pieces the way we do?

The corners they scored from weren't fantastic but the movement was, in fact the second should have been cleared at the front post, as one of ours would have been.

I thought he had a decent game really. One of our better players.

This. Wasn't much different to his good performances against Norwich and Bordeaux IMO, yet the reactions would suggest he went from shit to world class and back again.

Sensationalist OTT bollocks.

He has a point, though.

Cabaye's done nothing really so far this season and his set pieces are very poor 100% of the time.

I don't really get this, alright he hits the front man now and again but I'm not sure what more he can do a lot of the time. Every free kick within sixty yards he's told to launch into the box despite the fact we don't have the players for it, and his corners generally go around about the penalty spot.

There's only so much influence the taker has at a corner. The bigger problem is that our players all pose absolutely zero aerial threat, which begs the question why do we work set pieces the way we do?

The corners they scored from weren't fantastic but the movement was, in fact the second should have been cleared at the front post, as one of ours would have been.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

The corners are the least of it. He's so easy to bully out of the game he's virtually invisible at times.

Didn't have a touch of the ball till 15th minute apparently according to @nufc_stats

i was joking, for me cabaye is just a good player, i don't like the way he always try the assist direct to ba or cissé instead of being a real playmaker for the team.

our midfield who was supposed to be one of the best of premier league according to some passionate fans is not good enough to raivalize with the big teams imo