Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Sorry if this has already been discussed and resolved (not been able to keep up with threads as much as I'd like as of late) but does everyone think we have sufficient replacement cover for Cabaye if he does get sold to Barcelona in January? ???

Not sure myself that we'd have the necessary agility and movement in that area without him there...

His corners really aren't that bad. We have absolutely no aerial threat and it doesn't matter how good the delivery is from a corner, if none of your players can beat the centre half to the ball, forget it.

yes! yes! yes!

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nejournal/feb2010/7/3/mike-williamson-405777878.jpg

Excluding my questionably creative use of French, I could have actually written this article for Cabaye. Nothing interesting or controversial so far.

I think he is our most important player Sunday, unless Ben Arfa or one of the Senegalese do something exceptional. I think he is what separates our side from theirs the most. There is no Sunderland midfielder who has the class on the ball that Cabaye possesses. All of the players they have operating in the centre are very limited technically and minimally creative. The match will obviously be more frenetic and physical than most, but if he steps up and exerts his authority on the match, we should dominate that area of the pitch and really the match.

Same could be said about most midfields we come up against though. Tbh it annoys me to hear him talking about Xavi like he was. He doesn't really play anything like Xavi for us.

What a shit post tbh. Why might that be? First of all, we are nowhere near comfortable enough in possession and second of all whatever AY posted above. Not saying he has the same quality, but I can definitely see his game working better in possession football especially when you consider his fantastic vision and one touch passing game at times. Two goals that reminds me of what this team could be is his pass to Cisse last season agaisnt Swansea away and Everton away to Ba this season. Those fast plays which surprises the opposition.

Really cool finish on his goal. Would be so easy in that situation to put your laces through it and send it anywhere, but Wor Yo picks out the bottom corner.  :smitten:

Yeah I was really impressed with how cool that finish was, encouraging that he was getting forward so early on in the game, lets keep that up.

Needs to be the "1" in the 4-2-1-3 formation "we should" be playing

:thup: Absolutely agree. And Jonas can definitely do the job being him as well as Bigi and Perch. Dont see why we aren't playing like that.

Needs to be the "1" in the 4-2-1-3 formation "we should" be playing

:thup: Absolutely agree. And Jonas can definitely do the job being him as well as Bigi and Perch. Dont see why we aren't playing like that.

I thought Jonas looked knackered today mind, bit off the pace.