Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Until we start winning some trophies that's how it is.

I still don't know how I'd process it if we won a trophy :lol:

I would make a thing of not drinking. When I drink I never forget what happens, however sods law would be that this time I would forget.

Unless as a club we start winning things, all our good players are going to see us as a stepping stone. As much as we hate the thought of that, its true.

Really need to take the Europa League seriously.

We should be going all out for the fucker now.

Had a poll up a while back saying what was our best signing in recent times, bizarrely, most people polled Ben Arfa, I didn't even blink and picked Yohan before I even looked at the list. This guy is one of the best central midfielders we've ever had in my living memory, up there with Speed and Lee.

Guest icemanblue

Would take a massive offer, think 25+ million, for us to even contemplate letting him go, and luckily I don't think anybody values him quite that highly.

I wouldn't be so confident. If he continues this form til the end of the season he'll be seen, universally, as a £25m player.

Unless as a club we start winning things, all our good players are going to see us as a stepping stone. As much as we hate the thought of that, its true.

Really need to take the Europa League seriously.

We should be going all out for the fucker now.

Definitely, excellent chance of going further now.

I've said before that Cabaye is just the sort of player Ferguson likes - skillful, committed and a settled family life. Ferguson needs to improve that midfield too.

I reckon Man U would be in for him given the slightest encouragement next summer and I think they would pay 20m to get him too....that may include a player-exchange offer.

As others have said, unless we are in the mix for trophies every season, our players will always be targets for clubs that are, and the players will probably leave in due course.

Its a fact of life.......

I've said before that Cabaye is just the sort of player Ferguson likes - skillful, committed and a settled family life. Ferguson needs to improve that midfield too.

I reckon Man U would be in for him given the slightest encouragement next summer and I think they would pay 20m to get him too....that may include a player-exchange offer.

As others have said, unless we are in the mix for trophies every season, our players will always be targets for clubs that are, and the players will probably leave in due course.

one problem with the man u theory, Fergie seems ignorant purposefully or otherwise of the need for a better central midfield, its not a new thing for them

one problem with the man u theory, Fergie seems ignorant purposefully or otherwise of the need for a better central midfield, its not a new thing for them

Aye. He'd much rather spunk that 20 million on a Brazilian 17 year old winger he's only ever seen on Youtube, thank God.

Guest neesy111

No doubt in my mind he played with the injury he had since start of the season before his op.  Looks million times more sharp and fit now.