Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

What a leader this guy is going to be for this club  :smitten:

Don't know if anybody has mentioned it yet, but the little "take down" before he strikes it, is as good as the strike itself IMO, absolute class bit of skill, a lesser player would struggle to kill a swirling ball like that, just kills it, SMASH, 2-0, thank you very much.  :drool:

I know it's frowned upon a bit this days but I love a good bit of "badge slapping" after a goal, really gets the hairs on my neck standing up.

LOVE. THIS. GUY  :love:

Guest diddimz

We sign his best mate he tapped up only to bugger off, can't see it

Yeah that's what leaves me thinking he's going nowhere, convinced all his mates that the party's at his place,  not gonna then go and leave them.

Although I don't think he'll go this window, very much doubt he'd stay if a big bid came in from a 'bigger' club just because all the frenchys are here.

there was a rumour last summer man utd came sniffing, we wanted 21mill plus cleverly. they backed off.

You get the feeling he's one of the most respected French players in the current national setup. The press over in France really adore him as well. He's worth so much on many sides for us,on and off the pitch, in terms of performance, leadership, and recruitment.

Hope he stays for a long fucking time. He certainly looks like a guy who has his fire back.

Although I don't think he'll go this window, very much doubt he'd stay if a big bid came in from a 'bigger' club just because all the frenchys are here.

there was a rumour last summer man utd came sniffing, we wanted 21mill plus cleverly. they backed off.

His value to us has increased this season as well, he's going nowhere while we hold all the cards.

I expect another half season/til next January and then he'll go. Top class like Cabaye ? Barca have already half-heartedly tried to get him on the cheap. They may be back more determined, and who could blame them or him ?

Its pretty obvious he absolutely loves it here, the fans love him being here.  He strikes me as the ultimate professional in the Gary Speed mould.  We have essentially assembled a team that will work very well with him, both technically and culturally.

I think it would take a massive team to turn his head and I am not sure that would be in the premiership either.  If we get through this season ok, add a few more in the summer - our team really does have the potential to push for fourth IMO.

Yohan will want two or three years at least as a star player with us before temptation sets in. Same with Ben Arfa, and its up to us to trick them into thinking we are a long term club somewhere in the next 2-3 years.

That's what I love about this raid on League 1, they are all so young. Willing to "put their time in" with us in the the premier league, and with any luck we can use this core of undoubtedly quality players to push against the "top 3-6" or whatever the fuck they call the premier league these days