Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Howaythetoon

He sits far too deep.

So do the rest of the team, i don't find that a coincidence do you?

No, its down the clown in the dugout.

He sits far too deep.

I think it works well. His long passes are dangerously accurate and he keeps finding time on the ball when coming to pick the ball from Colo/Taylor. Opposition doesnt press him so much and he sees the pitch well. Of course his long range shots are something we need.

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2013/02/09/120731_cabaye-se-maintenir-rapidement.html

Yohan Cabaye is satisfied with the contribution of the new French recruits at Newcastle, but he's certainly not getting carried away ahead of a tough visit to Tottenham this Saturday (13.45). Before "looking up the league" the Magpies must maintain their performance, said the crowd favorite at St James' Park.

Yohan, with two consecutive wins against Aston Villa (2-1) and Chelsea (3-2), the integration of new Frenchmen at Newcastle is going well so far...

They brought their mental freshness. It has been some time since we won two games, which were their first two with us. This is what we needed, and I hope we can move up to a higher ranking in the coming weeks.

For some, the Magpies have much depleted the Championnat de France in January, do you share this feeling?

If the club made its market in France maybe Ligue 1 is not as poor as people may think. There are still quality players in France, and what is good is that they adapt quickly. Our new players have done a good job, I hope they will help the club to quickly get back on track, and to look up in the future.

Personally, the arrival of your friend Mathieu Debuchy must delight you. How is his acclimatization?

Brilliant! He is happy, too, and he brings his skills to the team. I'm always happy to have him here. He is like a brother to me, and he fits in well. He lacks little more than English (smiles)...

Since returning from injury, you've played consecutive games. How do you feel physically?

It is not easy, but I'm not complaining. I'd rather be on the pitch than injured! In one week, I played 90 minutes three times. I must keep going, and be intelligent about my efforts.

Do you think Newcastle is able to snatch a European place at the end of the season?

We'll see. It's tight. Tenth place is not very far away, it would be a first step. But we'll have to think fast and move out of this danger zone. Then, why not?

Otherwise, would it be a lost season for you?

No, not at all. Personally, this is the first time in my career that I've played continually. I learn... If we draw from this situation, we will grow for this experience. Mentally, it can help us next season.

You are also still in the race in the Europa League, which will be a last 16 match against Metalist Kharkiv. What are your ambitions?

It will be important to fully play this competition, since we only have that and the league left. The Europa League can give us confidence and allow all players to stay involved.

Paraphrased via Google translate as usual.

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2013/02/09/120731_cabaye-se-maintenir-rapidement.html

Yohan Cabaye is satisfied with the contribution of the new French recruits at Newcastle, but he's certainly not getting carried away ahead of a tough visit to Tottenham this Saturday (13.45). Before "looking up the league" the Magpies must maintain their performance, said the crowd favorite at St James' Park.

Yohan, with two consecutive wins against Aston Villa (2-1) and Chelsea (3-2), the integration of new Frenchmen at Newcastle is going well so far...

They brought their mental freshness. It has been some time since we won two games, which were their first two with us. This is what we needed, and I hope we can move up to a higher ranking in the coming weeks.

For some, the Magpies have much depleted the Championnat de France in January, do you share this feeling?

If the club made its market in France maybe Ligue 1 is not as poor as people may think. There are still quality players in France, and what is good is that they adapt quickly. Our new players have done a good job, I hope they will help the club to quickly get back on track, and to look up in the future.

Personally, the arrival of your friend Mathieu Debuchy must delight you. How is his acclimatization?

Brilliant! He is happy, too, and he brings his skills to the team. I'm always happy to have him here. He is like a brother to me, and he fits in well. He lacks little more than English (smiles)...

Since returning from injury, you've played consecutive games. How do you feel physically?

It is not easy, but I'm not complaining. I'd rather be on the pitch than injured! In one week, I played 90 minutes three times. I must keep going, and be intelligent about my efforts.

Do you think Newcastle is able to snatch a European place at the end of the season?

We'll see. It's tight. Tenth place is not very far away, it would be a first step. But we'll have to think fast and move out of this danger zone. Then, why not?

No, not at all. Personally, this is the first time in my career that I've played continually. I learn... If we draw from this situation, we will grow for this experience. Mentally, it can help us next season.

You are also still in the race in the Europa League, which will be a last 16 match against Metalist Kharkiv. What are your ambitions?

It will be important to fully play this competition, since we only have that and the league left. The Europa League can give us confidence and allow all players to stay involved.

http://westhamworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/6_1337923441_archer-danger-zone-meme-generator-call-kenny-loggins-coz-you-re-in-the-danger-zone-d319a5.jpeg

http://westhamworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/6_1337923441_archer-danger-zone-meme-generator-call-kenny-loggins-coz-you-re-in-the-danger-zone-d319a5.jpeg

:lol:

For as much as Tiote is wrongfully booked/sent off due to reputation, YoCabs gets away with murder. Nothing malicious but that tackle near the end.....

Sorry if i have mis-interpreted what you were trying to say, but i'd argue there was plenty of malice in that tackle at the end.

Thought it was just late and a bad tackle. Don't think he meant to hurt Dembele.

For as much as Tiote is wrongfully booked/sent off due to reputation, YoCabs gets away with murder. Nothing malicious but that tackle near the end.....

Sorry if i have mis-interpreted what you were trying to say, but i'd argue there was plenty of malice in that tackle at the end.

Thought it was just late and a bad tackle. Don't think he meant to hurt Dembele.

I guess, but you don't go into a tackle like that without knowing theres every chance you are going to hurt the player. I know what you mean that - I don't think he has thought 'I'm going to do him here', but he is well aware he is going to be late.