Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

YOHAN CABAYE was blunt and brutal as he explained why Manchester United are 15 points ahead of Manchester City: One is a team, the other a collection of individuals.

Cabaye believes champions City have effectively surrendered their title because they do not think or play as a team but rely on individual brilliance to get results.

Newcastle visit the Etihad tomorrow afternoon and Cabaye’s words will irk City chief Roberto Mancini.

The France ace meant no disrespect to the champions and was full of praise for their star-studded squad.

But he did not shy away from giving an honest answer as he lavished praise on Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson.

Cabaye said: “United are a machine. Sir Alex is doing a fantastic job for the club.

“Even when the players change, he knows which player is going to be good for his team.

“City have fantastic players but, unfortunately for them, they don’t think and play as a team — it’s not the same as United. So maybe that’s the difference.

“City are still a fantastic team. But they are a team of individuals.”

Last year, City overturned an eight-point gap on United in the last eight games to win their first championship in over four decades.

This time around the gap is almost twice as big and Cabaye believes it is impossible for them to do it again.

He said: “The 15 points is a big difference and it’s going to be more difficult than last season when they had eight points.

“I think it’s impossible because if United win three games, they win the title. It’s going to be hard for them.”

The battle for the middle ground is where tomorrow’s game will be won and Cabaye knows he will come up against the man he rates the best in the Premier League.

Cabaye had good practice facing Xavi, Iniesta and Sergio Busquets as France lost to Spain on Wednesday.

For he will now come up against their former Barcelona team-mate Yaya Toure.

He added: “Every time, it’s the best feeling for me when we play against the best players in the world. On Wednesday, it was Spain and on Saturday, it’s going to be Yaya Toure. He is the best in the Premier League.

“Toure is the best because he can defend, he can score, he can play up offensively and defensively.

“He’s the complete midfielder and he deserves to be where he is.

“Kun Aguero, David Silva, Carlos Tevez and many more are all fantastic players. I don’t want to say their stars are less good than Yaya Toure but when Yaya misses a game — like at Everton — they lost.

“It’s going to be totally different than the Spain midfield but it’s going to be tough as well.

“We will have a big, big job to do to stop City.”

Cabaye was focused on France and had not heard Toure’s threat to quit City at the end of the season, which was delivered to SunSport by his agent, Dimitri Seluk. He added: “I don’t know about that. He would be a big loss. I didn’t hear anything, I’ve been focusing on the France team in the last week.”

The Magpies are still in a perilous position in the Premier League table following their loss at Wigan before the international break — and Cabaye insisted that they will go out to win at the Etihad.

He believes Newcastle will be the hungrier team as they are only six points above the relegation zone, while City may lack a bit of motivation given the gap from United is virtually impossible to bridge.

Cabaye added: “It’s the same as every time we go out. We will play to win the game against City.

“We know it’s going to be tough, it’s a tough place to go.

“But if we play as well as in the last games, maybe we have a chance.”

Newcastle have won four of their last seven games but it was the loss at Wigan that has set them back.

They would have opened up a 12-point gap from the bottom three had they beaten the Latics.

The French star continued: “We are hungrier maybe because we are still in a bad position.

“If we had got a positive result against Wigan, it would have been different. But we lost and we are still in a difficult position.

“Now the international duty is over we have to focus on the immediate future. We just need to be focused on achieving safety.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4864928/Yoyan-Cabaye-Utd-will-win-title-They-are-a-team-City-are-not.html#ixzz2Ov68lVGW

Fucking hell!!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Cabaye Bombshell

Yohan Cabaye has stunned the North-East with a damning indictment of Alan Pardew. The French international was talking to L'Equipe after the game against Manchester City where Newcastle were soundly beaten in a no-show contest.

'The manager promised me passing football with attacking intent, instead he tells us not to cross the half-way line. Everything is about the shape, don't lose shape. Don't concede, don't do this, don't do that. There is nothing about attack. Merde!

Cabaye's outburst is sure to put Pardew under immense pressure though it is uncertain how owner Ashley may react. Cabaye may find himself on the bench for the rest of the season and up for sale when the window opens.

Cabaye went on. 'Even Sissoko was complaining, why did you recommend this club - Pardew is an idiot; I feel so responsible. I brought many players here with my enthusiasm and friendship. Debuchy is not injured, he just doesn't want to play this way. Pardew complains he gets to forward.'

Mutterings were heard from other players also so Cabaye is not an isolated case. Could this spell the end for Pardew, or perhaps Cabaye?

Last year's 'forum shutdown' at least made me panicked for a second. :lol:

A second? I went on a full google and facebook search to end up finding Kaiz and asking wtf was going on :lol: He then added me on facebook the little pervert :lol:

Last year's 'forum shutdown' at least made me panicked for a second. :lol:

A second? I went on a full google and facebook search to end up finding Kaiz and asking wtf was going on :lol: He then added me on facebook the little pervert :lol:

Yeah remembered plenty of members having withdrawal symptons. :lol: For me, it was easier cos of the date and a difference in timezone coupled with the downtime that made me realised what was going on. Was annoying having to wait to come back on though. :lol:

Not even a pathetic attempt from Dave this year.  :huff:

I'm glad I got up late this morning and missed this, whatever it was. Last year's little beauty had me hook line and sinker and clinically depressed for the duration of it!

In a perverse sort of way I'd welcome a bit of that if it put pressure on Ashley to get us a manager that's going to get us playing football.

It had me going for a second or two, and part of me was a tiny bit enthused by it. :lol: