Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

"Relentless, unflinching negativity" it was called by several when I said he was nailed on to go this summer if Pardew kept his job.

I've no doubt that the deluded idiots who said that will find some way to defend us selling off our best players and keeping a dinosaur in charge of the team. This is the beginning of a mass exodus in terms of talent - Ben Arfa and Cisse are as good as gone too.

Fucking sick. There is literally nothing to look forward to next season. Another relegation dogfight managed by a cunt, he himself employed by a bigger cunt.

Guest Nixon

"Relentless, unflinching negativity" it was called by several when I said he was nailed on to go this summer if Pardew kept his job.

I've no doubt that the deluded idiots who said that will find some way to defend us selling off our best players and keeping a dinosaur in charge of the team.

f***ing sick. There is literally nothing to look forward to next season. Another relegation dogfight managed by a c***, he himself employed by a bigger c***.

:lol:

Hands up if you don't give a flying f*** how much we get for him.

o/

Some use the transfer fee as justification and it's baffling me, I want to watch good players, not cash in the bank.

I don't believe it. He left Lille for what, to eventually be back playing for a smaller club in Monaco? He could go elsewhere, to a champions league club, if he wanted to. I'm probably just still in denial about how much money factors into things nowadays..  :(

I've no doubt that the deluded idiots who said that will find some way to defend us selling off our best players and keeping a dinosaur in charge of the team.

f***ing sick. There is literally nothing to look forward to next season. Another relegation dogfight managed by a c***, he himself employed by a bigger c***.

This.

Don't know how anyone is surprised by this. [bold] Utterly depressing knowing we won't reinvest properly. That's what hurts more - not that he's going.[/bold]

My feelings exactly.

I don't mean to be overly fatalistic, but with the present set-up, wtf is the point of being a fan of this club?

The way it's going, we're looking a mid-table at best for the foreseeable future with no sign of progress. That's ambition for you under this lot.

I remember people saying the same when Nolan and Barton were pushed out of the club, everyone going off it because our biggest players were leaving and a french lad was coming in to replace, someone who people on here hardly knew of as well.

Yes. While Pardew is in charge we're f***ed. IF we'd played anywhere near how we should have last season we wouldn't be fretting about losing players and Cabaye might be staying. He probably doesn't want to be involved in fighting relegation and watching balls sailing over his head.

I don't believe it. He left Lille for what, to eventually be back playing for a smaller club in Monaco? He could go elsewhere, to a champions league club, if he wanted to. I'm probably just still in denial about how much money factors into things nowadays..  :(

Monaco aren't small. They could be the best club in the world soon if all the rumours come true.

I remember people saying the same when Nolan and Barton were pushed out of the club, everyone going off it because our biggest players were leaving and a french lad was coming in to replace, someone who people on here hardly knew of as well.

At the time we were confident better players would sign, and they did.

Are we going to sign better than Cabaye? No.

I've no doubt that the deluded idiots who said that will find some way to defend us selling off our best players and keeping a dinosaur in charge of the team. This is the beginning of a mass exodus in terms of talent - Ben Arfa and Cisse are as good as gone too.

Fucking sick. There is literally nothing to look forward to next season. Another relegation dogfight managed by a cunt, he himself employed by a bigger cunt.

People will mock this but it's completely true.

Pardew's mismanagement last season is now costing us our best players, this is what we feared after finishing as low as we did. I just get the impression the Pardew factor is going to hit us with full effect now and we're just going to build a woeful side. That might be me being over negative after last season but we'll wait and see.

Hands up if you don't give a flying f*** how much we get for him.

o/

Some use the transfer fee as justification and it's baffling me, I want to watch good players, not cash in the bank.

Well it's not a justification but it's how the market works and the sooner you realize that the better you'll be off mentally. I don't like selling our best players but I won't complain if we get a decent fee (up towards the £20m) but I will if we don't spend a bit of it to replace him.

I came on here tonight to check incomings, not one of the best players potentially leaving. With WC year coming up and the dross we have become, it is not a surprise that Cabaye looks like he might be off. Anything under £25 million and I will be disappointed. Whatever we get if he goes it just adds to the shopping list though.