Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

For all of the s*** Cabaye gets on here who do people think that we could realistically attract to replace him that's of the same calibre?

Shouldn't be too hard to replace him. He was non-existent for about 20 games last year.

I think it also needs to be remembered that we dont have a clue what we are doing. I think we buy good players, but not to fit into any sort of system. This newcastle team has not had a style of play for a good few years, there are no real tactics on show, and as a result it is difficult to look at players to fit into what we do.

:thup:

I don't think that really stands up when you look at the players we've bought and when.  We actually tend to buy in the right positions, just not necessarily the style of player that Pardew would prefer.

For all of the s*** Cabaye gets on here who do people think that we could realistically attract to replace him that's of the same calibre?

Shouldn't be too hard to replace him. He was non-existent for about 20 games last year.

Apart from the ones where he came back and pulled us out of the shit?

We stayed firmly in the shit until the second last game. His contributions while captain were an absolute disgrace.

Does anyone think he'll reject them?

Not a fucking chance.

Hopefully he won't get a chance to decide.

Years since that principle disappeared man.

What do you mean? He might fancy a move to Arsenal in theory, but if we decide not to sell it's not a decision that's available to him.

Guest neesy111

Not a fucking chance.

What do you mean? He might fancy a move to Arsenal in theory, but if we decide not to sell it's not a decision that's available to him.

Player POWER!!!!

Guest bimpy474

Of course not, but we have to accept an offer.

10m is not even close to what we would consider.

I think we wont accept anything less than £20m, i dont see Arsenal bidding that high for him tbh.

Not a fucking chance.

Player POWER!!!!

its hard to see Arsenal going to our prices though, Wenger hates spending a penny more than he has to (see the "release clause" trigger on suarez of £40,000,001) while we like to rip clubs off

Of course not, but we have to accept an offer.

10m is not even close to what we would consider.

I think we wont accept anything less than £20m, i dont see Arsenal bidding that high for him tbh.

Me neither mate.

Apart from the ones where he came back and pulled us out of the s***?

We stayed firmly in the s*** until the second last game. His contributions while captain were an absolute disgrace.

He may not have been captain material but had he not come back we'd have been royally fucked. Villa away?

BRYbkInCQAEcBLj.png

Let's not play this game. I've got at least 6 games since he can back which he should have been shot for.

From Grauniad liveblog:

Louise Taylor, who covers Newcastle for us, confirms that Arsenal have had a £10m bid for Yohan Cabaye rejected. French midfielder has three years left on contract. Full story soon here at the Guardian.

Marcus Christenson ‏@m_christenson 1m

Arsenal's £10m bid for Cabaye rejected & they only offered £6m for Ashley Williams. Latest transfer news here: http://gu.com/p/3t537/tw  #afc

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 4m

STAT ATTACK: Last season Yohan Cabaye had a lower pass accuracy (80%) than Bigirimana (88%), Gosling (87%), Tiote (84%) and Anita (83%)

surely be to god they know these bids will just be rejected?

is this arsenals version of we tried?!

It is stupid to evaluate cabaye just by focusing on his individual performance. The whole team performs a lot better when he is on the pitch even he plays like shit. He is irreplaceable, for us, at this moment.

Marcus Christenson ‏@m_christenson 1m

Arsenal's £10m bid for Cabaye rejected & they only offered £6m for Ashley Williams. Latest transfer news here: http://gu.com/p/3t537/tw  #afc

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 4m

STAT ATTACK: Last season Yohan Cabaye had a lower pass accuracy (80%) than Bigirimana (88%), Gosling (87%), Tiote (84%) and Anita (83%)

surely be to god they know these bids will just be rejected?

is this arsenals version of we tried?!

They're trying to unsettle the players and force the clubs to sell. It's just a different way to tap players up