Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

what kind of message does that send to the rest of the squad?  And we seem to be forgetting his performances have been far short of 'world class' level for a number of months now. 

What kind of message does it send?

how about you can go on strike for a couple of weeks and jump straight back in or to the other midfielders no matter how hard you may have been trying to impress in training and how little 'hassle' you give me I'm still gonna pick the twat.

Guest icemanblue

We're a better team with him in it, so it's a tough call. I guess it may depend slightly on how confident we are of keeping him. Saying that, a farewell performance may not be a bad thing. Whatever gets us three points, really. If we were at a more comfortable stage of the season, I probably wouldn't want him anywhere near the squad. As it is, I'd prefer the win.

We're a better team with him in it, so it's a tough call. I guess it may depend slightly on how confident we are of keeping him. Saying that, a farewell performance may not be a bad thing. Whatever gets us three points, really. If we were at a more comfortable stage of the season, I probably wouldn't want him anywhere near the squad. As it is, I'd prefer the win.

When does this bit happen? Looking forward to it.

Guest icemanblue

When does this bit happen? Looking forward to it.

Around January some time, I reckon.

Might be a giggs but Sky reckon the fee is £15m upfront, £5m over 5 years and a sell on fee.

That's a very precise breakdown for a deal that's not going to happen. At least not at that price.

What kind of message does it send to the rest of the league if we stick one of our best players on the bench?

Had enough of this shit. He's our player, even off-form he's one of the best attacking central midfielders that we've got, and it's about time we started playing him - it's not rocket science.

Guest reefatoon

Would be harsh on Sissoko or Anita (the likely one to miss out) of either of these were dropped because Cabaye fancies playing again.  Didn't think either had a bad game against West Ham, so they should be the pairing to carry on. If players don't play, due to injury, suspension or in Cabaye's case, because he is a huffy little cunt, and the players that replace them have a good game, then those are the players that should carry on until they play shite.  No one should be dropped for him and he will just have to bide his time, and unlike an injury, it's his own fault.

He might expect him too play, doesn't mean if he does he isn't going to be poncing about the midfield doing utmost to stay clear of injury. Hardly shown himself to be the professional sort thus far.

Guest reefatoon

He's been dropped from the France squad, he has shit himself, so decided to make himself available this weekend. He wants to play but it seems for all the wrong reasons. Michael Owen was slaughtered on here for doing that kind of thing.

He might expect him too play, doesn't mean if he does he isn't going to be poncing about the midfield doing utmost to stay clear of injury. Hardly shown himself to be the professional sort thus far.

Im more worried he tries to get himself sent off. He's that petulant I wouldn't put it past him.

I think if he is to play on Saturday a mini apology might be put in the local press before the game. Something along the lines of sorry for being a dick, but I'm a dick with ambition unlike MA.