Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Haris Vuckic

We've no proof he's been a knob, we've plenty of Pardew quotes suggesting we want to cash in though.

I think when Pardew comes out with stuff like that it's generally to prepare the fans for the loss because he knows Ashley is happy to sell. Pardew doesn't benefit from losing the players & he got stung when Derek/Mike assured him they wouldn't sell Carroll and he was fairly sure he wouldn't go...100% in fact.

Would be nice if he came out and told the truth after it settles down but football is a different beast now and agents have so much control we will probably find out f*** all now ,Pardew as we are to believe didnt speak to him directly but through his representatives and this is what it has become  :sad:

you'd think if it's widely reported that he refused to play and it wasn't true he'd be able to put the story straight vis his agent, representatives etc.

We've no proof he's been a knob, we've plenty of Pardew quotes suggesting we want to cash in though.

I think when Pardew comes out with stuff like that it's generally to prepare the fans for the loss because he knows Ashley is happy to sell. Pardew doesn't benefit from losing the players & he got stung when Derek/Mike assured him they wouldn't sell Carroll and he was fairly sure he wouldn't go...100% in fact.

Isn't there a rumour that he gets a small cut of transfer profits? Always assumed it was bollocks mind.

I think this as well, but I can't really be bothered to make the argument any more. It just seems ridiculous to me that Pardew is saying the things he does to actively shop Cabaye around. It's silly. He's just answering the fact that he can't guarantee us anything about transfers.

I think this as well, but I can't really be bothered to make the argument any more. It just seems ridiculous to me that Pardew is saying the things he does to actively shop Cabaye around. It's silly. He's just answering the fact that he can't guarantee us anything about transfers.

I'll repeat it again, there had been no stories about Cabaye for weeks and weeks. The stories started again when he started waffling on about it.

I'll repeat it again, there had been no stories about Cabaye for weeks and weeks. The stories started again when he started waffling on about it.

you'd think it would be easier to tell his agent to put about that he's available at the right price than have pardew go on tv and say that if the right price comes in for any player then they could be away (like most players at most clubs)

you'd think it would be easier to tell his agent to put about that he's available at the right price than have pardew go on tv and say that if the right price comes in for any player then they could be away (like most players at most clubs)

Who knows, why did Pardew do it then?  Stupidity?

Maybe howking him around other clubs wasn't working and they were getting desperate.  All I know is - no apparent interest or even any rumours to speak of, Pardew talks, apparent interest including actual bids from other clubs.

WARNING:  It's written by John Cross.

Arsenal fear Wenger will spend NOTHING on transfers this summer

29 Aug 2013 22:31

Gunners have backed away from Cabaye and Guaita with four days left in the window - could freebies Sanogo and Flamini really be it?

Arsene Wenger HAS re-signed Mathieu Flamini - but now Arsenal fear their manager may end up not spending a single penny in transfer fees this summer.

Midfielder Flamini, a Gunner from 2004-08, was without a club after leaving AC Milan has been handed a three-year contract worth £30,000-a-week.

The 29-year-old becomes the north Londoners' second signing of the summer after rookie striker Yaya Sanogo, who also joined as a free agent.

But there is a very real concern now that those are the only two deals Arsenal will end up doing in the summer transfer window after missing out on a succession big-name targets.

That will infuriate fed-up fans and cause major frustration in the boardroom, because Wenger has had a £70m transfer kitty at his disposal.

Arsenal have still not given up on making a dramatic signing before the window shuts on Monday night and are still keeping close tabs on Real Madrid trio Karim Benzema, Angel Di Maria and Mesut Ozil, who all remain possibilities.

But they are understood to have dropped their interest in Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye as they have refused to go anywhere near the Toon's £20m valuation.

That deal is dead in the water unless the Geordies do a dramatic U-turn.

Similarly, Arsenal have been scared off Valencia keeper Vicente Guaita after having a £6m bid turned down.

They could also do with a replacement on the left flank after Lukas Podolski was ruled out for up to 10 weeks with a hamstring injury suffered in midweek against Fenerbahce.

Former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou, now at Lille, and Manchester United's Nani are possibilities, but Mirror Sport understands no deal is particularly close.

It leaves Arsenal with the very real danger of not spending a penny which would cause a major fans' backlash - especially if they lose at home to big-spending rivals Tottenham in Sunday's North London derby.

Ironically, the Gunners are in line to face one of the summer targets they missed out on, Gonzalo Higuain, after being handed a nightmare Champions League group including his Napoli side, last season's beaten finalists Borussia Dortmund and Marseille.

But despite a growing injury list - as well as Podolski, Mikel Arteta, Thomas Vermaelen and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are all out - Wenger seems reluctant to blow the dust off his cheque-book.

It is causing frustration, as chief executive Ivan Gazidis spoke of the club's "escalation of financial firepower" in June.

Wenger will be under massive pressure from the board and the fans to spend.

It is believed to be particularly keen on Ozil and Di Maria, but there is a growing feeling that he will end up doing nothing further.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-arsenal-fear-wenger-spend-2237040#ixzz2dOmCi9XH

Sunlun are the shite version of Spurs and we're the shite version of Arsenal this window  :lol:

Not sure if we are the shit version of them or the other way around, at least we have signed a senior player even if only on loan :lol:

Would be so fucked off if I was an Arsenal fan, apparently a shit load of money to spend, the teams above you having management changes etc.. Probably the best chance they had to possibly compete for years but they spend nothing while their rivals bring in half a dozen real quality players.

I ALMOST feel sorry for them :lol:

so basically what everyone thought came to pass, Arsenal are too cheap to pay our asking price for a player they never really needed in the first place but are quite happy to completely unsettle him and cause him to miss 2 games (1 of which against a side they supposedly want to compete with in theory).

so basically what everyone thought came to pass, Arsenal are too cheap to pay our asking price for a player they never really needed in the first place but are quite happy to completely unsettle him and cause him to miss 2 games (1 of which against a side they supposedly want to compete with in theory).

Perfect summing up of the situation to date.

Sunlun are the s**** version of Spurs and we're the s**** version of Arsenal this window  :lol:

Not sure if we are the s*** version of them or the other way around, at least we have signed a senior player even if only on loan :lol:

Would be so f***ed off if I was an Arsenal fan, apparently a s*** load of money to spend, the teams above you having management changes etc.. Probably the best chance they had to possibly compete for years but they spend nothing while their rivals bring in half a dozen real quality players.

I ALMOST feel sorry for them :lol:

They apparently have 180m in cash reserves for transfers, that's f*cking embarrassing when you think about it.

Set aside that amount of money and do f*ck all with it.