Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Fkn tossers booing him, utterly pointless

Agree 100%

I stood up and clapped him onto the field with my hands above my head so everyone knew I was clapping him.

No one knows the full story and whether we declined to play him in case he got injured or he refused to play.

He made a real difference as he got stuck in a lot more than Anita would (and that's not a slight on him, he's just more feisty) and played well.

Booing a player onto the field is no help at all (unless it's shola who I boo onto the field every time he comes on) and we should be supporting the team when they play as doing otherwise is counter productive.

WTF?

Absolute morons booing him today. As if you'd take Ashley & Co's side over his. Fuck off and don't come back you utter cretins.

Not just that but there was one moment when he was driving forward and looking to cross it in and some in the the crowd boo'd him.

Enjoyed the mutual love in as he left the field and went down the tunnel.

Re the booing, 200 people boo = audible. 46,000 people don't boo = inaudible. The story is the booing.

It was more than 200 booing. 

Why boo for bringing Anita off?

Because he was one of our best players for 2nd straight game and honestly didn't deserved to be brought off.

It worked out in the end obviously but this concerns me that if Cabaye stays, Anita will go back to the bench....

Honestly don't have a problem with the crowd reaction to him today. He's a good player, but he's not bigger than the club and should have been playing in the previous matches. It was a mixed reaction and deservedly so, opinion is split and that's fair enough. Later on he got a massive cheer from the Strawberry corner anyway.

FWIW I didn't boo or cheer.

Enjoyed the mutual love in as he left the field and went down the tunnel.

Re the booing, 200 people boo = audible. 46,000 people don't boo = inaudible. The story is the booing.

It was more than 200 booing.

Sure, certainly couldn't count them, but the point is a valid one, a minority booing will always make the story.

Anyway seemed like a bit of a love in at the end. Probably gone by Tuesday. ;)

Honestly don't have a problem with the crowd reaction to him today. He's a good player, but he's not bigger than the club and should have been playing in the previous matches. It was a mixed reaction and deservedly so, opinion is split and that's fair enough. Later on he got a massive cheer from the Strawberry corner anyway.

:thup:

He needed to know that the fans weren't happy with his actions. Was probably a humbling experience for him.

Why boo for bringing Anita off?

Because he was one of our best players for 2nd straight game and honestly didn't deserved to be brought off.

It worked out in the end obviously but this concerns me that if Cabaye stays, Anita will go back to the bench....

Who should have been taken off then? Sissoko played well and Anita played well. But still we needed a change because as a team we didn't play well. A good substitution from Pardew imo.

I said at half time that i would have brought on Cabaye for Marveaux, Gouffran for Shola and Remy for Cisse.

Obviously it worked out and all but i hope that Vurnon won't go back to the bench as soon as the transfer window closes because its something i honestly fear.

Guest Roger Kint

Agree with this completely. Its quite funny that people openly admit to booing players find it bad for this occasion. Like theres a good time :lol:

We've all got enough to worry about away from football than to be concerned about some fucking ponce who's "head isn't right" and can't play a game of football. Absolutely insane that some defend him over this. Imagine Shearer doing this?

If you want to leave then leave. If you want to stay then grow up and get on with it.

Tbh I think like Pardew said, it was the perfect reaction. The git needs to know what he has stuck two fingers up at us and the club. I don't think there is anyone that would begrudge him a move away, but the nonsense he has been drawn into is underhand.

The club and especially us fans deserved better. I'm pretty much completely against booing our own players but I think as he came on fans were right to give him some shit. After that back him.

Agree with this, I didn't clap or boo either.

It nearly kicked off in the Gallowgate over the booing. Some booed Cabaye on and others cheered him on like he was a returning hero. A few fans were screaming abuse at each other and calling people out for a fight. There wasn't a steward in sight.

People who think cheering Cabaye will make him want to stay are deluded (He probably will be staying but that's more down to Arsenal not offering NUFC enough money for him). On the other hand, booing your own players doesn't help the team.

I neither cheered him or booed him on.