Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Roger Kint

Seems to me that if this bid of £26m is true, then PSG know he will cost a lot more after the WC in Brazil.  I say hang on to Cabs until after the WC.  If he does well we could be looking at breaking the Carroll transfer deal!

No way.. Only one year left on his contract in the summer.

Didnt realise the WC was in 2015

Seems to me that if this bid of £26m is true, then PSG know he will cost a lot more after the WC in Brazil.  I say hang on to Cabs until after the WC.  If he does well we could be looking at breaking the Carroll transfer deal!

No way.. Only one year left on his contract in the summer.

Euros.

Contract til 2016.

How would everyone feel if the Cabella deal was more about selling Benny? He is a more natural replacement for Benny and he has not traveled with the squad.

If it meant keeping Cabaye and getting Cabella I think I would be okay with it.

How would everyone feel if the Cabella deal was more about selling Benny? He is a more natural replacement for Benny and he has not traveled with the squad.

Dunno, I would still be gutted to see HBA go. Also, doesn't everyone accept that HBA isn't a good #10? If so, Cabella isn't really a replacement for him.

I wouldn't mind that if he plays Cabella. In fact I think it will be a better deal considering Ben Arfa isn't getting time on the pitch.

Doubt it will veer towards that way though.

Guest Roger Kint

We arent keeping Cabaye past this season, thats been obvious for quite some time. Theres been nothing to say HBA is going/wants to go so i have no idea how i would feel in that impossible imaginary situation :lol:

I think Cabaye is more important to the team than Ben Arfa, so I would be ok with it too. I think maybe we are getting Cabella so we can use Gouff up front instead of the left wing.

Guest firetotheworks

How much we get for him really doesn't mean anything to me and I don't know why it would to anyone. The same amount obviously won't be spent and, although I have faith in our scouting, I'd be very surprised if we got someone that's anywhere near as good as Cabaye.

We arent keeping Cabaye past this season, thats been obvious for quite some time. Theres been nothing to say HBA is going/wants to go so i have no idea how i would feel in that impossible imaginary situation :lol:

I am sure Benny is sick of not playing, seems Pards is not going to be picking him, he has not gone with the rest of the squad for warm weather training.

Would not shock me at all if he went before Cabs

Cabaye is more important to the team but i'd be more gutted if Ben Arfa left...if that makes sense  :undecided:

I am sure Benny is sick of not playing, seems Pards is not going to be picking him, he has not gone with the rest of the squad for warm weather training.

He hardly ever seems to turn out for these type of things. If anything it's probably why he has a good relationship with Pardew as he seems to be given a lot more freedom than others, if only he was given as much freedom on the pitch.

As others have said, this was to be expected - The start of this season proved that, really. Fair play to him like, he's knocked in some quality goals for us and helped us to get where we are at the moment since then. He's ambitious, and will probably end up knocking balls through to the likes Ibra, playing in his home country and in the CL for probably the best team in France. On the flip side, he could stay working under Pardew, feeding the likes of Ameobi for a lesser wedge and seeing first hand the level of ambition this club has to offer.

Thanks for the goals and bringing us a decent RB

He hardly ever seems to turn out for these type of things. If anything it's probably why he has a good relationship with Pardew as he seems to be given a lot more freedom than others, if only he was given as much freedom on the pitch.

I think though it removes him from the group, seems a bit of a loner and all of this not taking him away and letting do his own thing does more harm than good.

cabaye is probably our most important player. Sadly he wants to leave...can´t really blame him. He wants CL football and trophies...he is 28 and he needs to move on in order to achieve his goals.

Can´t blame ashley. We can blame ashley for not spending more...but he has done everything to keep key players. Ba wanted to leave as well.

Hopefully we will reinvest the money cabaye will bring in if he leaves this window.

i would like a cam, a winger and a striker.

Hopefully in de jong brothers and cabella. Siem de jong as cabaye replacement?

sugo: LOL, can't blame Cashley?

That's obv. the only thing we can do... unless you feel like this club is more of a relegation club than Euro cups?

I feel for Cabaye, after that 5th placed season and no investing I think he saw the neonsign blow up pretty clear, no wonder...

Although, I'm not sure this is report is so legit, as there shouldn't be any link between Cabella and Cabaye. Oh, well.

We got Cabaye for a bargain price and we were always going to be a stepping stone if he shone.  He’s at the absolute peak of his form and value right now, but his form hasn’t been particularly consistent in the past. It makes sense to sell him now, even if he would be happy to stay.

We got Cabaye for a bargain price and we were always going to be a stepping stone if he shone.  He’s at the absolute peak of his form and value right now, but his form hasn’t been particularly consistent in the past. It makes sense to sell him now, even if he would be happy to stay.

:anguish:

:anguish:

agree with this tbf