Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

With the way the media are urging Man Utd to sign him, I hope that when he does eventually leave us that it is to PSG.  I'd hate to see him play for another English club.

Could see him using Man Utd as a stepping stone for one of the big clubs.

No need to take a sideways step from us really.

Yeah, people seem to be forgetting that he actually wants to leave. We've got a player who went on strike the first few weeks of the season because we wouldn't accept a paltry offer from Arsenal.

I don't think you can put this down to lack of ambition.

We can put it down to a lack of ambition, that's why he wants to move on.

This - 100%

Fee seems a little low given its Ashley and he knows how rich PSG are. Maybe doesn't want to get stung as he was with Arsenal over the summer when he previously tried to flog Yohan.  It's a helluva return for Ashley though so not worth any brinkmanship - or at least not until they're sufficiently into negotiations for him to bump the price a fraction.

Similar story reported in August:

PSG hopeful of beating Arsenal to Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye with £17m bid

Saturday 24 Aug 2013 4:20 pm

59 shares

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Next

PSG to rival Arsenal with £17m Cabaye bidOn the move: Yohan Cabaye looks set to leave Newcastle (Picture: Getty)

PSG are set to blow Arsenal out of the water in the race for Yohan Cabaye by making a £17million offer for the Newcastle midfielder.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is a huge fan of France international Cabaye, but he saw an opening bid of £10million rejected by Newcastle last week.

Wenger is believed to be preparing another offer to try and land the 27-year-old, but PSG are ready to show their hand after following his progress for the last few months.

According to reports in France, manager Laurent Blanc attended a PSG board meeting this week in which he begged the club to try and land Cabaye before the transfer deadline.

And despite previously insisting that their business was done this summer, PSG officials are believed to have agreed to it, and they are now working on a £17million bid.

I've no doubt that Ashley would shove him straight out the door for £20m plus, given his age and contract, and Cabaye certainly would have wanted to go in the summer. The timing doesnt seem quite right for him though - he's playing brilliantly 5 months before a World Cup in a team that is built around him. He could move to PSG and suddenly find things far more difficult. On the other hand he can go straight into the knock out stages of the Champions League, and he may find that too good an opportunity to pass up.

It does look like he's going this time, but I think there's still a small chance he may decide to wait until the summer.

The right action would be sign Cabella now and sell Cabaye in the summer if he wants to go and PSG will pay enough. Giving Cabella time to settle whilst still having Cabaye here is the only way to go

:lol: I'd love it if we operated like that, but you know damn well what the score is.

If they have bid over 21. Million pounds, then he had gone.

Shame but can't blame him, players like Cabaye should be playing champs league and competing for cups.

Of course the problem is our fuck wit club spending any of it on replacements!

My main concern is less about the skill/talent factor we will loose with Cabaye, but the combination of leadership and determination we lack in our team. We have all seen how badly we play without Cabaye and Colo in the team. Pardew could play Ben arfa, Marveux and Cabella every week and we would probably still go backwards. We need to buy a leader like Cabaye, preferably with talent also.

Guest Brazilianbob

Seems to me that if this bid of £26m is true, then PSG know he will cost a lot more after the WC in Brazil.  I say hang on to Cabs until after the WC.  If he does well we could be looking at breaking the Carroll transfer deal!

Seems to me that if this bid of £26m is true, then PSG know he will cost a lot more after the WC in Brazil.  I say hang on to Cabs until after the WC.  If he does well we could be looking at breaking the Carroll transfer deal!

No way.. Only one year left on his contract in the summer.

He'll probably tear his ACL first game with them, this is Ashley's dealings we are talking about.