Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

As I said in the Mike Ashley thread it's exactly the reason we have nothing to look forward to. Any forward thinking club would be buying players to say to Cabaye this is the reason you don't have to leave as we are on the up and you can play a big part of it. But no fact cockney c*** thinks sell for 26 buy 12 = 14 million profit - nothing will change for years until this cancer is cut away.

Like Everton selling Fellaini for £27m and getting McCarthy for half of that I suppose.

The big reason Everton are where they are is not McCarthy but Lukaku and Barry or did you forget they signed them also even if it was just on loan. You just stay in you secluded little shed and w*** off over Ashley as he continues on.

Two loan signings. If we sold Cabaye for £27m, got Cabella and two loans, I bet you'd be unhappy. f*** all to do with Ashley this.

Yeah of course it is fuck all to do with him but to answer your question where are the two other signings then - average of 50,000 and your trying to say we should accept going nowhere - smell the coffee man will you or will it take another relegation charge to do that.

We wouldn't need a silly amount of arabic money to have a chance of reaching the CL, but some ambition at least.

Funnily enough probably the £20m a season for transfers Ashely said he was prepared to put in when he first arrived.

Yep. I don't even want us to become what Chelsea, Man City and many other clubs are. Something in between us and them would have been very nice.

As I said in the Mike Ashley thread it's exactly the reason we have nothing to look forward to. Any forward thinking club would be buying players to say to Cabaye this is the reason you don't have to leave as we are on the up and you can play a big part of it. But no fact cockney c*** thinks sell for 26 buy 12 = 14 million profit - nothing will change for years until this cancer is cut away.

Like Everton selling Fellaini for £27m and getting McCarthy for half of that I suppose.

The big reason Everton are where they are is not McCarthy but Lukaku and Barry or did you forget they signed them also even if it was just on loan. You just stay in you secluded little shed and w*** off over Ashley as he continues on.

Two loan signings. If we sold Cabaye for £27m, got Cabella and two loans, I bet you'd be unhappy. f*** all to do with Ashley this.

Yeah of course it is f*** all to do with him but to answer your question where are the two other signings then - average of 50,000 and your trying to say we should accept going nowhere - smell the coffee man will you or will it take another relegation charge to do that.

Eh? :lol:

What is happening here happens to every club in the world bar Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Man City, Chelsea and now PSG due to their money.

We wouldn't need a silly amount of arabic money to have a chance of reaching the CL, but some ambition at least.

Funnily enough probably the £20m a season for transfers Ashely said he was prepared to put in when he first arrived.

Yep. I don't even want us to become what Chelsea, Man City and many other clubs are. Something in between us and them would have been very nice.

I'd fucking love it.

We won't get Cabella for 12m Euro's like, more like 15m maybe.

You know, a lot of people have been saying for a while that we'll obviously sell Cabaye and not spend on a replacement, maybe get someone on the cheap eventually after struggling along without him.  Instead we're apparently going to bring in a quality young attacking midfielder to replace him for 15m before we even let Cabaye go.  Surely if that's the case you'd think people would at least see something positive in that?

No to be successful you add to your best players not replace them with cheaper options and you say 15m well we will see  because I don't even think it will be the 12m

Guest bimpy474

I'd fucking love it.

Slag.

Who are the four clubs owned by rich Arabs that will qualify for the Champions League this season like? 

Presumably being owned by a rich Englishman doesn't count. Everton will move into the top four tomorrow if they beat West Brom and Kenwright, in football terms, is a pauper.

Guest bimpy474

Cabaye appears to be the leader of our French foreign legion. If he goes that is sure to have a detrimental effect.

Nah, that is said a lot about other players. A new leader will come through.

Cabaye appears to be the leader of our French foreign legion. If he goes that is sure to have a detrimental effect.

I'm sure somebody on here said Sissoko was the gaffa off the field

Yeah of course it is f*** all to do with him but to answer your question where are the two other signings then - average of 50,000 and your trying to say we should accept going nowhere - smell the coffee man will you or will it take another relegation charge to do that.

What is happening here happens to every club in the world bar Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Man City, Chelsea and now PSG due to their money.

Your taking the piss? - only loan signing in the Summer which is below any other club in the Premiership never mind world football DESPITE making a profit last year and the multi millions from the Sky deal

If you were Cabaye, would you stay with us or move to PSG to play in the CL, get massive wages and get to play with players like Zlatan?

There's obviously lot wrong with Ashley but I'm not expecting him to show the same ambition these Arab owners are showing.

If you were Cabaye, would you stay with us or move to PSG to play in the CL, get massive wages and get to play with players like Zlatan?

There's obviously lot wrong with Ashley but I'm not expecting him to show the same ambition these Arab owners are showing.

I don't disagree but the problem is he shows NO ambition and that's the prime reason players will look to move on and your dead right I don't blame Cabaye in the slightest - he was out of order refusing to play but I certainly don't blame him for wanting to leave.

You need to watch Spartacus!

I am sure Cabaye (along with HBA) has been used a lot in recruiting players. You would think they would be happy for him personally moving on to better things but being a bit miffed at the same time that their mate has gone and the club is not exactly demonstrating a lot of ambition.

Would be nice if he showed some ambition tho

Obviously, but I don't think Ashley's lack of ambition is to be blamed here. Cabaye would be likely to move in this situation even if we were fighting for top four regularly.

Guest bimpy474

Your taking the p*ss? - only loan signing in the Summer which is below any other club in the Premiership never mind world football DESPITE making a profit last year and the multi millions from the Sky deal

Fwiw, until Fellaini left, the only signing Everton had made during the summer was Barry on loan. If we'd sold Cabaye to Arsenal in the summer I guess we'd have signed someone else too.

Alcaraz and Kone ?

Your taking the p*ss? - only loan signing in the Summer which is below any other club in the Premiership never mind world football DESPITE making a profit last year and the multi millions from the Sky deal

Fwiw, until Fellaini left, the only signing Everton had made during the summer was Barry on loan. If we'd sold Cabaye to Arsenal in the summer I guess we'd have signed someone else too.

Alcaraz and Kone ?

you know I'd forgotten they existed

Alcaraz and Kone ?

Aye, I realised after I posted & deleted. :lol:

Their main dealings though, point stands.

Guest bimpy474

Alcaraz and Kone ?

you know I'd forgotten they existed

Fair point :lol: