Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I wonder if Ashley will view this as Cabaye as getting older and he wont be able to extract the a huge fee for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't push PSG so hard and let him go relatively cheaply.

he's 28 in the prime of his carrer and maximum value a french international and in the form of his life and we're talking about mike ashley. Where in gods name do you get the idea he'll just let him go cheaply based on any evidence at all?

I wonder if Ashley will view this as Cabaye as getting older and he wont be able to extract the a huge fee for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't push PSG so hard and let him go relatively cheaply.

he's 28 in the prime of his carrer and maximum value a french international and in the form of his life and we're talking about mike ashley. Where in gods name do you get the idea he'll just let him go cheaply based on any evidence at all?

What?

This isn't my opinion this is me speculating as to why we may not get as much as we should.

What?

This isn't my opinion this is me speculating as to why we may not get as much as we should.

while based on all evidence provided I can't see a way we'd let him go for less than £20m

He's worth more now than he ever has in his career and is wanted by a club with endless resources. We should be pushing them for 30m. I could see us getting 25 but 14 is laughable. We sold Milner for that price man.

He isn't going to sign a new contract and whilst he may not necessarily want to leave before the World Cup there's no way we'll risk losing transfer money if a decent bid comes in this week. Once the bid gets to around 20 million he'll be gone. As things stand we know his hand and can call the shots to make the best of the situation. We'd still get 14 million in the summer so let's play some hard ball now.

We'll be a much poorer side without him though.

What?

while based on all evidence provided I can't see a way we'd let him go for less than £20m

I hope your right, I also think it'd be extremely short sighted of us to let him go on the cheap.

Guest bimpy474

What does it matter if we get £20m or £30m, even £100m. The whole lot wont be going back into the squad, only a fraction will. We'll only buy a player if the seller is willing to sell at our valuation.

That'll leave us fucked because out valuations aren't what sellers will accept.

What does it matter if we get £20m or £30m, even £100m. The whole lot wont be going back into the squad, only a fraction will. We'll only buy a player if the seller is willing to sell at our valuation.

That'll leave us f***ed because out valuations aren't what sellers will accept.

We'll have to pay the replacements full contract value and transfer fee out of anything we receive for Cabaye  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

14m is ludicrous

It is but we wont spend that if we got it, i'm just saying it really doesn't matter how high we get them to go. It's not going back into the squad, cept for maybe £5m or £6m.

I love also how fans on twitter, some on here actually think we'll spend £10m+ on a player, not going to happen.

Guest bimpy474

We'll have to pay the replacements full contract value and transfer fee out of anything we receive for Cabaye  :lol:

Aye, yet they never mention the wages saved by the player leaving which was also factored in previous. So, would we not be saving on that.

No because it's utter bullshit. I hate the cunt running this club, amazing to me people still think he's been good for us financially. Utter wankstain.

Aye, yet they never mention the wages saved by the player leaving which was also factor in previous. So, would we not be saving on that.

No because it's utter bullshit. I hate the c*** running this club, amazing to me people still think he's been good for us financially. Utter wankstain.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Aye, yet they never mention the wages saved by the player leaving which was also factor in previous. So, would we not be saving on that.

No because it's utter bullshit. I hate the c*** running this club, amazing to me people still think he's been good for us financially. Utter wankstain.

I may have lost the will to laugh now like :lol: